• Nicole Kidman, getting a cardio workout on the cybex arc trainer machine at Equinox in New York. Says a source of the Australia star: “She was on there for a while and was working hard but looked totally energized!” Kidman, wearing her hair in a bun, also took a morning spin class. Later, she met up with her trainer, put on a baseball cap and grabbed a snack at the juice bar.
• Cameron Diaz, sharing a pre-theater meal at Katsuya Hollywood with a group of girls and a female friend. One of the girls was celebrating her birthday, and the table ordered plenty of food, including crispy rice with spicy tuna, vegetable tempura and baked crab hand rolls. Next, the party continued at the Pantages Theater, where Diaz and her friends saw Wicked.
• Hilary Duff, trying to figure out why her two dogs were barking while she was preparing to board a Virgin America flight from New York to Los Angeles. Turns out, the pooches, who were in a doggy flight carrier together, had spotted a brown and white bulldog who was also about to board the plane.
• Odd pair Owen Wilson and Gary Shandling made an appearance at the Audi auto show party on the rooftop bar at the Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills. The duo arrived together, saying they wanted to check out the hotel – and were taken on a private tour. “They got drinks at the open bar and hung out for a while before drifting down to the rooftop bar where they flirted with a few ladies,” says a partygoer. “They then settled into plush chairs in the lobby, each reading a book!”
• Jordin Sparks, performing her hit “No Air” with the Jonas Brothers during the band’s free show at the House of Blues in West Hollywood after their American Music Awards performance. The guys delivered an acoustic set for 1,000 fans – many of whom camped out all day to get into the show. Also performing with the band: Demi Lovato. And Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba watched from the balcony.
• Colin Farrell, dining with friends on the patio at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. The sexy actor was engrossed in conversation and looked serious for a while, but later he loosened up, smiling and bobbing his head.
• Nicole Richie, checking out Spanish shoes at the Tracy Paul & Co. showcase in the Chateau Marmont penthouse. “Richie was very sweet when she stopped in,” a guest tells us. And she just missed her friend Audrina Patridge, who also came in to check out the spring line.
• By ALEXIS CHIU, JENNIFER GARCIA, JESSICA HERNDON, MARLA LEHNER and CHARLOTTE TRIGGS
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.