• Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon, celebrating Bastille Day in Paris with a bang. The couple took in the traditional fireworks display, with Gyllenhaal hoisting Witherspoon’s daughter Ava, 8, on his shoulders to give her a better view. Earlier, the couple had lunched at L’Avenue, a restaurant on Avenue Montaigne, before setting off separately. (Witherspoon headed to the Vogue offices, while her beau went shopping in the trendy Marais district.) But they met up again for tea at Mariage Frères before the light show.
• Gwyneth Paltrow, eating her way through the Hamptons. The actress enjoyed a family seafood supper with husband Chris Martin and kids Apple, 4, and Moses, 2, at Cherystones Clam and Lobster Shack in East Hampton, N.Y., where they sat under tiki umbrellas with their feet in the sand. The next day, Paltrow and the little ones joined Mario Batali for a snack at La Fondita – followed later in the weekend by a tented tasting (with much lobster) at Nick and Toni s.
• Meanwhile, Martin headed to L.A. to kick off Coldplay‘s tour at the Forum, where Eva Longoria Parker was spotted scurrying to her front-row seat so as not to miss a moment of his band’s confetti-laden show. Also there: Katherine Heigl, mingling with a girlfriend at the Forum Club, and Zach Braff and Kate Bosworth.
• Cameron Diaz, grabbing a (healthy!) midnight snack at Fix Restaurant & Bar inside Las Vegas’s Bellagio Hotel. The actress arrived with two friends, and snacked on a baby lettuce salad and grilled asparagus. Once they had satisfied their craving, the group hit the casino!
• Minnie Driver, warming up for the day with a prenatal yoga class at Golden Bridge Spiritual Village in Los Angeles. She “seemed like she enjoyed the workout,” an onlooker says. Afterward, the actress headed to Nite Moon Café for an organic salad.
Also Spotted …
• Penn Badgley and Blake Lively, partying with Chace Crawford at a vitaminwater party at New York’s Hudson Terrace. … Top Chef champ Stephanie Izard, cutting the red ribbon during the opening of fellow contestant Spike Mendelsohn‘s burger joint Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C. The fete drew out fellow contestants Antonia Lofaso and Lisa Fernandes. … Alli Sims had a rocky start to her birthday week while in Denver at Jet nightclub and hotel. “Someone stole her shoes,” says a partygoer. But, luckily, police recovered the goods from another girl’s purse!
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, MARK GRAY, MARY MARGARET, LESLEY MESSER, PETER MIKELBANK, ALYSSA SHELASKY and JEFFREY SLONIM
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.