• If you turned around Monday night at New York nightspot Butter, there’s no doubt you’d bump into an A-lister. Madonna, Janet Jackson, Shakira, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore and others were living it up in the club’s swank banquettes.
Looking comfortable in her créme getup with suspenders hanging at her waist and her hair in a ponytail, Madge made a grand entrance – accompanied by three bodyguards. During her 30-minute visit, her hit “Like a Prayer” was piped over the speakers. Around the same time, Jackson strolled in, looking slim, with her hair pulled back tightly into a pristine bun.
Downstairs, inseparable twosome Shakira and Penélope Cruz stuck near a back corner booth with Kutcher, Moore and magician David Blaine. While the fantastic five were all drinking, Cruz was busy energetically breaking it down (to Maroon 5’s “Makes Me Wonder”). Blaine then focused on his magic, and impressed Moore with a trick involving a quarter. (Really!) But Shakira – and her hips – couldn’t resist the music. She started dancing but shied from the spotlight after Kutcher and Co. encouraged her hip-swiveling. After Kutcher successfully encouraged a group embrace, the actor climbed to the top of their banquette, holding onto the bamboo ceiling as he smiled and grooved. More dancing ensued – then Tony Parker came over to chat and duet with Kutcher on Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer.” At around 2:45, the group checked out, continuing their party at Bungalow 8.
• Was she preparing for a sleepover? Drew Barrymore, toting a sleeping bag as she arrived with musician Har Mar Superstar to an unnamed party space at the corner of Normandie and Fountain in Hollywood. While waiting for a performance by rapper Lady Sovereign – who never showed – Barrymore and pals sat comfortably on the floor … on their sleeping bags!
• Rapper T.I., celebrating his new album T.I. vs. T.I.P., with a brawl-free bash at Republic in Hollywood. Most of the guests danced to hip-hop and old R&B classics as they waited for the guest of honor. (He arrived after 1 a.m.!) The rapper got support at the party from pals like Brandy and Omar Epps.
• A few days before sister Paris left jail a free woman, Nicky Hilton and beau David Katzenberg shared a champagne toast during a party at the Grand Resort Hotel outside of Athens. Hilton was in Greece to put on a fashion show.
• By LAURA HAHN, JESSICA HERNDON, CLARE KLEINEDLER and RACHEL TEITELBAUM