• Jennifer Aniston, dining at Mexican hot spot El Vez in Philadelphia sans beau John Mayer. (Aniston is up north filming scenes for Marley & Me.) There with her publicist and two girlfriends, the actress was “incredibly nice to the staff” and kept calling her waitress “sweetheart,” an onlooker tells us. For dinner, Aniston had the Mexican chicken salad – then took the table’s leftover food to go “for the boys,” a source says.
• A solo Nick Cannon, spinning records from the red deejay booth at the Stoli Hotel New York. Focused on the tunes (like Britney Spears‘s “Gimme More”), the R&B star occasionally chatted with the crowd over the mic. And while wife Mariah Careywasn’t there, she wasn’t far from his mind: Cannon played her hit “Fantasy” followed by the new song “I’ll Be Lovin’ U Long Time” at the party.
• Alicia Keys, eating a late – and private – lunch with four business associates at Geisha in New York. Just how private? The restaurant was closed when Keys arrived at 4 p.m., but the owners agreed to open for her. Afterward, Keys went to show her gratitude, heading downstairs to greet and thank owner Fabio Granato after her meal.
• A solo Joy Bryant, in brown shorts and a red top, pushing a cart and perusing kitchen supplies at Target in West Hollywood.
• Katie Couric, picking up barbecue takeout at Turtle Crossing in East Hampton, N.Y. The CBS anchor came in solo, and took home a heaping helping of ribs, beans, rice, coleslaw and cornbread for her parents who were visiting.
• Saturday Night Live star Seth Meyers, doing impromptu stand up at the Empire Rooftop in New York, using the “St. Tropez models” as his props. Begged the funnyman: “Stop flirting with me!”
• By MARK DAGOSTINO, JENNIFER GARCIA, BETH PERRY, ALYSSA SHELASKY, JEFFREY SLONIM, CHRISTINA TAPPER and SIMONE WEICHSELBAUM
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.