• Kate Hudson collected the favorite leading lady trophy at the People’s Choice Awards – and then it was time for a celebratory meal. The actress headed to West Hollywood’s Sunset Tower Hotel for dinner with stylist Rachel Zoe and three male friends. The group ate in the sophisticated dining room, where they enjoyed their meal with a soundtrack of live piano and cello. And it was a starry night at the restaurant: Hudson stood up to give Sean Penn a hug as he headed to the patio, while Big Love‘s Chloe Sevigny dined nearby with a girlfriend.
• Meanwhile at the official People’s Choice afterparty at L.A.’s Shrine Expo Center, Paris Hilton – not a nominee herself – was the center of attention. The heiress posed with fans all night, even letting mom Kathy in on the photo shoot action. Hilton also snapped a picture with audience members in the women’s restroom, then bid her fans adieu, saying, “Bye, sexy bitches.”
• In New York, Blake Lively bundled up in a big coat, scarf and knee-high black boots and headed out for a late lunch in the back of Cafe Habana. Lively ate at the SoHo spot with an unknown male, and enjoyed black beans, rice and chicken. “They were just having a fun lunch,” says an onlooker.
• Renée Zellweger broke a sweat while working out at Equinox in New York’s Time Warner Center. Dressed down in athletic clothes and a baseball cap, the Oscar winner listened to her iPod and did back extensions. “She was focused and had great controlled form,” an onlooker says. “She looked like a pro and is in great shape.”
• Jewel enjoyed a girls night at the W’s Whiskey Blue in L.A. “She only had Fiji water through the night,” says an onlooker, “But everyone seemed to be in a great mood. She was just hanging out.”
• Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler dined at Stephen Starr’s French bistro Parc in Philadelphia, enjoying trout and shrimp salad and lively conversation.
• By PAUL CHI, JENNIFER GARCIA, SARA HAMMEL, LISA INGRASSIA and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.