• Ryan Phillippe and Abbie Cornish, drinking beers and trying their hands at the video game Gears of War 2 during an Xbox 360 bash at Last Laugh, a store in downtown Los Angeles. The casual duo enjoyed their sneak preview of the game, then turned their attention to the clothes in the store. According to a source, the couple acted lowkey but still “lovey-dovey.”
• A solo Kate Hudson, scoping out the fashions of Australia in San Francisco. The Fool’s Gold star hit up the Elizabeth Charles boutique where she bought four dresses, two jackets and two sweaters. According to a source, the actress is smitten with Aussie designers after shooting her adventure comedy Down Under.
• Ryan Gosling, chatting about music during jazz night at West Hollywood’s Green Door. The dapper actor sported jeans, a white T-shirt and a Members Only jacket – and spent his time talking up host Jason Scoppa next to the deejay booth. But when he was finished chatting, Gosling sat at a table near the band where he was joined by his mother and sisters. Says an onlooker: “Everyone had an awesome time.”
• Rachael Ray, diving into a “chocolate pizza” at Max Brenner in New York’s Union Square. The lunchtime snack was topped with chocolate and marshmallows instead of cheese.
• Denise Richards, talking about ex Charlie Sheen “a lot,” during a barbecue at the DKNY Jeans house in Malibu, a source tells us. But the E! star wasn’t saying bad things, the source says. “She was just relaxing, and at one point told people, ‘It s great to get out and enjoy time with friends.’ ”
• Mark Ronson, beatboxing and singing an impromptu few choruses of his hit song “Stop Me” during Jay-Z‘s afterparty at Club 2020 in Bournemouth, England. The Grammy Award winning producer also came to the rescue after a minor technical snafu in the deejay booth as DJ Sam Young spun, and later fended off autograph seeking female fans.
Also Spotted …
• Model Karolina Kurkova, praising her G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra costar Dennis Quaid at a benefit for the AIDS Community Research Initiative of America at a private residence in Bridgehampton, N.Y. “Dennis was so funny,” she told us. … Bachelorette star DeAnna Pappas, sharing a romantic meal on the secluded patio at Asia de Cuba inside West Hollywood’s Mondrian Hotel with her new fiancé Jesse Csincsak.
• By K.C. BAKER, DAVID CAPLAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, MONIQUE JESSEN, KRISTEN MASCIA and STEPHANIE THORPE
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.