• Chris Pine, showing off his scruff during a business dinner with five guys – “total industry types,” an onlooker says – at the Sunset Tower Hotel in L.A. After the meeting, the Star Trek star welcomed a distraction, turning his attention to a brunette diner as he walked out the door. The two chatted for bit in the doorway, then discreetly exchanged numbers before Pine left.
• Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, having a mommy’s night out with Shanna Moakler and two other friends at Il Sole in West Hollywood. “There were four yummy moms and they got right down to the business of relaxing,” a fellow diner tells us. Enjoying a private table – a waiter shut the blinds to the windows to keep away prying eyes – and wine, the group of women shared pictures of their little ones on their phones over their meal.
• Meanwhile, in New York, Hilary Duff grabbed dinner at SushiSamba Park, eating at a quiet table in the back with a friend. The starlet sipped wine with her sushi and “looked über-chic in a red strapless dress with a black scarf and killer gladiator black heels,” a source says.
• Kim Kardashian, enjoying a shopping spree at Harmony Lane Boutique in Beverly Hills. The reality star loaded up on goods, including skinny jeans and a La Rok fringe T-shirt. But she also made sure she was well-accessorized, leaving the shop with metallic bead bracelets and multi chain necklaces, among other things.
• Holly Madison, snapping a photo with former America’s Got Talent winner Terry Fator backstage after catching his new ventriloquist show, Terry Fator & His Cast of Thousands, with her goddaughter at the Mirage in Las Vegas.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, ANDREA DESIMONE, MARK GRAY AND LESLEY MESSER
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.