• Fergie, making a new friend as she checked into the Hotel Monaco in Seattle. In town to perform at the Puyallup Fair & Events Center, “she walked into the lobby,” an observer tells us, “and was making a beeline for the elevator, but then she stopped at the concierge desk when she saw a dog walking through.” Fergie then ran over to pet the pooch. “It was cute,” the observer says. “She was actually ‘oohing’ and ‘ahhing.'”
• Jessica Simpson, making a brief (and accidental) foray into political territory – literally. The singer and her entourage (including, of course, maltipoo Daisy) crossed paths with John McCain and his own entourage at the Tampa International Airport, in an area reserved for private planes and charter flights. Simpson and the Republican presidential candidate never interacted, but the newly minted country star was being followed by a video camera.
• After spending Fashion Week in New York, Hilary Swank returned to Los Angeles to focus on her own image. The Oscar winner swung by Neil George Salon to dye her hair back from blonde to her natural brown. “She couldn’t wait to get back to brunette,” a source tells us. (Swank, of course, colored and cropped her hair for her role as Amelia Earhart in the biopic Amelia.) In total, the process took about four hours, and when Swank was finished she snuck out the front door, all bundled up.
• Lauren Conrad, advertising her own collection with a badge while eating breakfast at the Coterie trade show in New York. Days before her Big Apple trip, the Hills star was spotted at Dame Elizabeth Taylor‘s favorite haunt, West Hollywood’s The Abbey, where she posed for pictures with fans.
• After a big New York premiere, Ugly Betty castmembers America Ferrera, Vanessa Williams, Becki Newton and Eric Mabius continued the celebration at Highbar in New York. But they had a surprise guest star at the party – Lindsay Lohan, who also arrived on the red carpet at the event. She briefly visited the bash, sipping Shirley Temples, bouncing to the music and chatting with some friends.
Also Spotted …
• Serena Williams and Josh Groban, watching rapper Common‘s show – with opening act N.E.R.D. – at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. … Jewel, walking through the lobby of the Alexis Hotel in Seattle in her sports bra and pink shorts. “Clearly she had just come from a workout,” an onlooker tells us about the petite singer.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, ANDREA DESIMONE, JENNIFER GARCIA, JESSICA HERNDON, STEPHANIE PROMMER and SANDRA SOBIERAJ WESTFALL
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.