• Carrie Underwood, shopping for baby clothes two days in a row. The country star browsed for her friend’s baby – and she hit up Sunset Kids at Sunset Plaza in Los Angeles. “She didn’t know the sex of the baby, so she bought some unisex T-shirts and onesies,” a source tells us. The next day, Underwood swung by Kitson Kids to grab more duds for the lucky little one. “She was upbeat and sweet,” an onlooker says.
• He’s been shoppingfor cameras in L.A. – and now John Mayer is packing his photo equipment and jetting off. The singer was spotted in sneakers and jeans at Los Angeles International Airport. But despite the low-key look, he was getting the rock star treatment; Mayer was escorted by airport security through the American Airlines terminal.
• Christian Bale, loading up on toys at Chicago’s Museum of Contemporary Art during a visit with his wife Sibi and his daughter. Bale bought a puzzle, magnetic color cubes and more, before touring the museum with his family. Of special note: the actor – who plays Batman in The Dark Knight – scoped out artist Karen Kilimnik‘s show, featuring portraits of celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Leonardo DiCaprio.
• On a break from shooting My Sister’s Keeper with Cameron Diaz, Jason Patric, hit up Santa Monica dive bar the Daily Pint with a buddy. According to a patron, Patric enjoyed his beer at the bar and felt “very at home at this place – which is about as far from a red carpet establishment as they come.”
• Kathleen Turner, dining with Maggie Daley (wife of Chicago’s mayor Richard M. Daley) at Rosebud Prime Restaurant in Chicago … Travis Barker, spending 15 minutes at West Hollywood’s Hyde before splitting for the night.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, JENNIFER GARCIA, SHIA KAPOS and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.