• Looking “completely enamored” with one another, Hilary Duff and hockey-player boyfriend Mike Comrie shared a romantic meal at West Hollywood’s Il Sole. Onlookers say the two were “super-affectionate” at dinner and noticed that the singer was wearing a gold-and-diamond band on her left ring finger, which she flashed for the cameras when leaving the restaurant.
• They don’t call him McDreamy for nothing! Patrick Dempsey, causing quite a stir among female diners at Katsuya Brentwood in Brentwood, Calif. Even though he attempted to keep a low profile, the ladies couldn’t help but walk past the Grey’s Anatomy star’s table – taking conspicuous glances at him before rushing back to their tables to discuss how hot Dempsey is in person. For his part, the actor seemed to be a good mood, laughing over sushi and sake with a male friend.
• New parents Jessica Alba and Cash Warren, checking out Tropic Thunder on its opening night at the ArcLight theater in Hollywood. The pair met up with two other couples – and chatted together happily. Before showtime, Warren picked up popcorn and sodas at the concession stand, where his friend introduced him to actor James Franco. The Pineapple Express star – who was there with girlfriend Ahna O’Reilly – made it a double feature, taking in Vicky Cristina Barcelona after the comedy let out.
• A mellow Mischa Barton, hanging out with rocker beau Taylor Locke at a Carbon Beach house party in Malibu. The couple sat in a corner talking all night as Barton drank water and Locke nursed a beer.
• A smiley Renée Zellweger, getting her nails done at Bella Nails in Beverly Hills. According to a fellow customer, the actress – who wore big sunglasses and was dressed casually – was very friendly to the staff during her appointment.
Also Spotted . . .
• Alec Baldwin, treating his 12-year-old daughter Ireland to a little candy (specifically Swedish fish) at Dylan’s Candy Bar in East Hampton, N.Y. The 30 Rock star was carrying shopping bags from Gucci while loading up on sweets . . . Rosie O’Donnell, making good on her televised promise to take pal Kathy Griffin to meet Cher in Las Vegas. The funny duo checked out the diva’s show at Las Vegas’s The Colosseum at Caesars – then went backstage for a personal visit to Cher’s dressing room . . . Former Dancing with the Stars partners Cheryl Burke and Cristién de la Fuente, sipping cocktails while catching up at the Grey Goose ALMA Awards afterparty at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, MARK GRAY and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.