• Kate Bosworth, toasting the fifth anniversary of West Hollywood Italian eatery – and celebrity magnet – Il Sole with a soiree at the restaurant. Dining on the patio, the actress celebrated at the Veuve Clicquot-sponsored bash with some of the restaurant’s most loyal clientele, including Courteney Cox Arquette, husband David Arquette and newly single Nicollette Sheridan. Outside, Bosworth raved about the truffle pasta, and other diners feasted on steak and tomato salad.
• Meanwhile, the day before, Bosworth and British beau James Rousseau shopped for an external hard drive together at the Apple store at The Grove.
• Jessica Biel, getting highlights at Neil George Salon in Los Angeles. Stopping in almost before closing time, the actress brought a friend along as she got her usual treatment, an onlooker tells us. Just one day later, Amanda Peet stopped in for some highlights, too, bringing along her daughter, Frances, 18 months, who ran around the salon.
• Looking radiant in a gray knee-length summer dress, Jennifer Garner picked up some kid-friendly gear for daughter Violet inside Jenny Bec’s on Santa Monica’s Montana Avenue. The expectant actress brought along her daughter, and chatted with fellow shoppers during the kid-friendly visit. Violet was having fun, a source says, and wanted to play dress up in the store, so Garner bought her a Snow White costume along with some books and other toys.
• Also at Jenny Bec’s: Marcia Cross, who flipped through books and escaped the heat in the popular shop. There with her nanny, the Desperate Housewives actress made friends with fellow shoppers before leaving with a bag full of books. Next stop? Café Luxxe, where Cross grabbed a coffee and hung out for a while. Equally caffeinated, Helen Mirren grabbed some java there before popping into the nearby toy store.
• Slipping into the role of Sporty Spice for one night, Geri Halliwell threw out the first pitch at the Los Angeles Dodgers game – but not before getting support from her dancer boyfriend Ivan "Flipz" Velez. “They played catch on the sidelines so she could warm up,” says an onlooker. After lobbing her successful pitch, Halliwell and her man “locked up for a big hug,” the onlooker tells us.
• Leonardo DiCaprio, moving to the music and sharing a Departed reunion with his costar Mark Wahlberg at New York hot spot Upstairs. The two attended an afterparty following Entourage‘s season 5 premiere.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LISA INGRASSIA and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.