• Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, stepping out in sync – both dressed in gray blazers – for dinner at Italian restaurant Il Valentino in midtown Manhattan. Perhaps the outing was a celebration for Holmes’s success in the Broadway show All My Sons? The drama, which is running in previews, officially opens Oct. 16.
• Nicole Richie, having a late lunch with 8-month-old daughter Harlow at the Beverly Hills Hotel’s Polo Lounge. The new mom, who sported a red floral-printed shirt and jean shorts and wore her hair partially pulled back, dined with an unidentified older woman and nibbled on the McCarthy chopped salad between playing with her little girl. She and her companion smiled and cooed over Harlow throughout their meal.
• Owen Wilson, making a late-night pit stop at one of his favorite haunts, Venice, Calif., bar The Other Room. Dressed casually in jeans, a T-shirt and a dark flannel button-down, he made his way to the back of the very crowded venue and laughed with a male friend over a drink at the bar. Wilson welcomed several fans who stopped by to say hello before leaving inconspicuously after only 20 minutes. A couple of days later, the actor had dinner with two male friends at trendy Venice eatery Gjelina, where they talked quietly at one of the restaurant’s communal tables.
• Lauren Conrad, holding hands with boyfriend Kyle Howard at a 30th birthday bash for club promoter Jean Paul Rodriguez at Teddy’s at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. The Hills star and her man stole kisses in the privacy of their booth and were inseparable during the party. Also making the scene: Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who danced to Katy Perry‘s “I Kissed a Girl”, Frankie Delgado, Jesse McCartney and Kevin Connolly.
• Colin Farrell, watching his novelist girlfriend Emma Forrest do a striptease burlesque number set to traditional Jewish music at Heeb magazine’s “Heeb Storytelling” night at M Bar in Hollywood. Farrell sported his ladylove’s Star of David necklace while partying with fellow event-goers Natalie Portman, Kate Beckinsale and Rose McGowan.
• Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder took over a dark corner of VIP-only Bar 1200 at the Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas in West Hollywood. Reeves, dressed in jeans and a black blazer, and Ryder, wearing a black T-shirt and pants, sipped cocktails as they talked seriously. The actress, whose shoes were off, sat catty-corner from her former Dracula costar, who listened intently to her as he chain-smoked. As the night went on, the pair inched closer and closer to each other so that they ended up sitting side by side. They stayed until closing and then headed out together.
• By DAVID CAPLAN, JENNIFER GARCIA and KEN LEE
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.