1 of 15
"How about we make this dressing room an undressing room?"
– Bridesmaids nominee Melissa McCarthy, seducing host Billy Crystal backstage
2 of 15
"When they called my name I had this feeling I could hear half of America going, ‘Oh no … her again.’ But, whatever."
– Meryl Streep, accepting her award for Best Actress (for The Iron Lady)
3 of 15
"As my grandma used to say, it can be short and still make your toes curl. And I believe in my heart my grandma wasn’t referring to wieners but short films."
– Maya Rudolph, presenting the award for Best Short Film
4 of 15
"If somebody asks you who you’re wearing, you can say Kim Jong-il."
– "The Dictator" a.k.a. Sacha Baron Cohen, after dumping an urn of powder all over tuxedo on the red carpet
5 of 15
"The great film director Ridley Scott said that the collaboration between a film editor and a director is like a marriage."
"And just like in marriage, they spent all of their time in a dark windowless room, ordering in food and looking at pictures of other people."
– and , respectively, introducing the film editing nominees
6 of 15
"One of our nominees will join the ranks of previous winners ‘When You Wish Upon a Star,’ ‘Moon River,’ ‘The Way We Were’ and ‘It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp.’ "
– Zach Galifianakis (with Will Ferrell), presenting the award for Best Original Song
7 of 15
"I love shooting in L.A. I love the energy, the lights, the American faces and the cinnamon rolls."
– Best Actor winner Jean Dujardin, to Robin Roberts, on the perks of filming in Hollywood
8 of 15
"Clooney just walked by; he drank it all."
– Best Actor nominee Demién Bichir, joking to that drained his flask
9 of 15
"You’re only two years older than me, darling. Where have you been all my life?"
– Best Supporting Actor winner Christopher Plummer, to his long-awaited Oscar
10 of 15
"If I knew what you said I could probably answer you, so I’ll say, ‘Yes, yes, yes and no.’"
– A confused Nick Nolte, to ABC’s heavily accented British commentator Louise Roe
11 of 15
"If you’re a white man you can play an Arabian prince. And if you’re a black man you can play a donkey or a zebra. You can’t play white, my god."
– Presenter Chris Rock, on the “magic” of making animated movies
12 of 15
"One quick note … since my mother spoke German to us growing up, my Chinese has a very slight German accent."
– A silly before speaking in German, not Mandarin, to present Best Foreign Language Film
13 of 15
"We should have some banter where you act cocky, and then I shut you down and you say I look pretty, and I say, ‘No chance, funny boy,’ and everybody laughs but you seem okay with it."
– to stoic co-presenter Ben Stiller
14 of 15
"It’s documented forever now. Not the most flattering, but genuine."
– Jessica Chastain, on the photos of her receiving her Oscar nomination call during Paris Fashion Week
15 of 15
"I’m just like … I just got a visual of where I am right now. I’m sorry, this is crazy."
– "I only wish I could hear the narrative in your head."
"It’s just like bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh. That’s what’s happening."
– Kristen Wiig, explaining to a wishful how it feels to be at the Oscars
Gigi Hadid's Tommy Hilfiger Line Has Arrived! Here's What You'll Actually Wear
Real Housewives of Dallas’ D’Andra Simmons’ on Diamonds, Designer Gowns and Twitter Feuds Between Castmates