You know Nick Cannon as the host of America’s Got Talent, for his role as a fictionalized version of himself on The Real Husbands of Hollywood and for so many other things — but did you also know that he loves diamonds? Not only does the star literally have diamond shoes, but he’s also starring in a new short docu-film on the Real Is a Diamond YouTube channel, Why Real Is Rare, in which he interviews real couples to find out how they knew their connection was the real deal. Nick stopped by PeopleStyle to talk about the project on Facebook Live, and we couldn’t resist taking the opportunity to ask him all about his style, from his love of turbans on the red carpet to his pristine sneaker closet (“It looks kinda like the store”). Oh, and if you stick around until the end there might just be a freestyle in it for you.
So, what did we learn?
- Yes, Nick loves his turbans — but not just for aesthetic purposes. “I wanna represent my inner king, and to do it in a fly way,” he says, adding, “It’s a great conversation piece but it also allows me to express that spiritual side…I have a good time with it, but it actually does mean a lot to me.”
- The celeb whose closet he would most like to raid? His buddy Kevin Hart’s, although he says would take everything for his son, because “all of his outfits are miniature.”
- The diamond shoes come with their own security detail (and each shoe weighs about five lbs).
- Nick’s all about a statement piece. In the case of this particular visit, a Margiela gray leather jacket.
- His sneaker collection is something to behold, but a lot of his most coveted pairs — including the Kanye West’s coveted Red Octobers — are just for show. “You gotta buy one to rock and one to stock,” he advises.