Jessica Simpson wanted to make a sexy statement for husband Eric Johnson’s 35th birthday party, so she chose … the below ensemble. The star selected a black spandex bodysuit with a gauze skirt on top, plus sky-high stacked-heel platform sandals and dangling gold shoulder-grazers. At first, we thought she was experimenting with out-there swimwear, but her informative Instagram explained that it was, in fact, selected for her hubby’s big bash. Why stop there, though? The outfit could be suitable for a number of festive occasions. So we rounded up five other places Simpson could re-wear this skin-baring look.
• A Weekend Beach Getaway Once the Love Boat Docks in Port: That bodysuit (with its keyhole cutout at the neckline) could definitely double as a swimsuit. And the skirt would be the perfect bikini cover-up. And the dangling chandeliers are perfect for hijinks on the high seas with a merry band of seafaring misfits.
• A Halloween Party: Sexy spider? Sexy witch? Sexy goth hula dancer? Simpson could consider recycling the cobweb-esque skirt for Halloween activities.
• A Car Wash: In her driveway, with only Eric watching. Like a revival of her Dukes of Hazzard performance, only with more scrubbing capabilities.
• A Bachelorette Party: While she wouldn’t want to upstage the bride, this look has “VIP section at a Vegas club” written all over it.
• A Morticia Adams Casting Call: If she wants to go back to acting but ditch the stereotypically sunny blonde roles, we’d recommend showing up to the audition in this little number.
What do you think of Simpson’s look? How should she recycle it? Share your thoughts below.