Jessica Alba has expanded her Honest Company empire to include Honest Beauty hair care, and to celebrate the new launch, she stopped by PEOPLE’s New York offices to give us a tutorial on how to get her signature textured waves using her new products for our “How It’s Done” series (watch it above!).
Alba brought along her go-to hairstyling pro and Honest Beauty hair care ambassador Jennifer Yepez to walk us through the look step-by-step.
Here’s what Yepez and Alba suggested:
• Start with completely dry hair
• Use a 2-inch curling iron to create a slight wave and bend in the hair
• Curl the hair in different directions, leaving out the ends for a casual, effortless look
• Use a wide-tooth comb to separate the waves and create fullness
• Mist Honest’s Honestly Effortless Sea Salt Spray all over and tousle hair to add texture
Alba also noted that she uses the sea salt spray almost daily. “I spray it on my roots when my hair is wet, then I massage it in,” she tells PEOPLE in a new interview featured in this week’s issue. “I want volume, but I’m never going to blow-dry my hair, because I have to go to work and I want texture, but I don’t want it to be frizzy.”
Watch the video above to watch how to get the look, and for more of our exclusive interview with Jessica Alba, pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands now.