We were blown away by how lovely Sienna Miller looked at the Opera the other night. So we went to the source — MAC Cosmetics senior artist Patrick Eichler created Sienna’s look and walks us through all the steps to get this fresh-faced, smoky-eyed look.
1. Brush on MAC Face and Body Foundation, starting at the center of her face and working outward, buffing it into the skin until it blends in.
2. Then use MAC Studio Stick Foundation in NW43as a bronzer. Swipe the stick wherever you’d contour: cheekbones, temple, hairline and along the jaw. Buff it in with the brush you just used. It warms the skin and contours at the same time.
3. Next, use MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base on the lid and the inner corner of the eye. Follow that with MAC Soba Eye Shadow, a gorgeous golden brown powder shadow. Use very little, working it gently into the crease of the lid to avoid streaking.
Click through to the next page to read the rest of this entry.
Photo:Ronald Asadorian/Splash News
4. Then work MAC’s waterproof Technakohl Eyeliner in Graphblack into the inside of the lashes, moving the color into the lash line. Next, the upper lashes, then underneath the lower lashes. Use a soft brush to smudge it just a little.
5. Curl lashes with MAC eyelash curler. Then use tons of MAC Pro Lash in Coal Black on top and bottom lashes. Eyes just go boom.
6. I wanted to keep Sienna supersophisticated, so no gloss on her lip, just a little lipstick called Lovedust. It’s a matte texture, with golden pearl in it. It’s very Twiggy.
8. Smile and put MAC Lilicent Blushcreme on the apples of your cheeks, not too close to or below the nose.
9. I do MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer last, because you use a lot less of it when the other stuff is already on. Also, if anything smudges, you can fix it with the concealer. Brush it lightly on inner and outer corners underneath the eyes, then near the nostrils and on the corners of the mouth to eliminate any redness.
10. Finally, set with MAC loose blot powder in Medium. Get a lot of powder on the brush, shake off the excess and the press it on to set. Work in an hourglass shape in the center of the face: the forehead, the nose and the outer corners of the mouth and the chin. That way, the temple and cheekbones have a nice sheen.