She may be taking a bit of a backseat to this season’s buzz-worthy
Dancing with the Stars
contestants, but Brooke Charvet was every bit as glam as her ballroom buddies during the show’s premiere Monday and Tuesday nights.
Monday, the newlywed opened the show sporting sleek hair and a one-shouldered green gown by Lorena Sarbu. But for the results episode Tuesday, Charvet worked romantic curls, pinning them up to one side. Admittedly, the DWTS hostess does have some great hair, but we asked the stylists at Hotheads how to achieve the look at home and as it turns out, it’s not that hard! Just follow these steps from stylist Sheenon Olson:
1. Prep dry hair with a mousse or texturizing cream.
2. Start at the top of your head and begin to curl the hair with a large-barrel, 1.25-in. or 1.5-in. curling iron. Taking vertical sections, curl the hair away from the face. Tip: If your hair doesn’t hold curl very well, spray each section with hairspray (like Oribe Superfine Hairspray) before curling the section.
3. Pin each curl up with a small metal clip so the set can hold.
4. Work your way down the head, clipping each curl up as you go. This helps keep the curls intact and gets them out of your way as you work.
5. Once you have curled and pinned your hair, spray the entire head with a light mist of hairspray. Let the curls cool and set for at least 10 minutes.
6. Release the curls and lightly break them apart to give your hair a natural, sexy look. You can break the curls apart with a tail comb, or put a super-light coating of oil on your hands so you don’t snag the curls, loosely splitting them apart with your fingers until the desired effect is achieved.