Courtesy Nordstrom, Forever21, Gap, Zara, Bloomingdales
We don’t follow that old-school fashion rule that says you can’t wear white before Memorial Day. But in case some of you are sticklers for tradition, here are five fabulous crisp pieces to add to your summer wardrobe.
1. The Dress: When we look at this dress from Topshop’s Nordstrom collection, we picture ourselves stepping onto a sail boat with a picnic basket and a guy like Leonardo DiCaprio at our side. Okay, maybe that only happens in the movies, but everyone can use a versatile LWD and for $72 this one is perfect to add to your wardrobe.
2. The Sunnies: White sunglasses are definitely very trendy, so you don’t want to invest in a pricy pair. Try Forever 21’s cateye style. For $5.80 you won’t be upset if they somehow get washed away by the ocean.
3. The Jeans: White denim is a no-brainer for the season. Just top these Gap bottoms ($62.96) with your go-to chambray shirt and a cute pair of flats and you’re ready to head to a BBQ without having to rummage through your closet trying to find something to wear.
4. The Blazer: A white topper like this one from Zara ($89) will become your new best friend. The linen material is cool, and it’s the perfect add-on for all your warm-weather work dresses.
5. The Shoes: We’ve established that everyone in Hollywood is wearing white pumps. But for a more casual style, we like these Enzo Angiolini platform wedge sandals from Bloomindale’s ($128) with a gold buckle and ankle strap. Bonus: They’ll go with everything you own, and a good wedge is pretty comfortable.
Tell us, what white pieces are you excited to try?