We know the Emmys are all about honoring the best TV performances (like Oh em gee, Bryan Cranston as Walter White on Breaking Bad). But we’re getting ready for this weekend’s big show by reflecting on some of our favorite primetime fashionistas.
1. Jessica Day’s dress collection: To be honest, our top New Girl obsession is Jess and Nick’s relationship. Runner-up? The amazing parade of party dresses Zooey Deschanel sports. Forget adorkable. They’re downright wearable.
2. Zoë Hart’s purses: Who’s the most fashionable doctor on TV? Rachel Bilson‘s Hart of Dixie character nabs the title hands down. And if we ever visited the actress on set, we’d make a beeline for the accessories closet and try on every bag and pair of shoes we could get our hands on.
3. The concert looks on Nashville: Need inspiration for your next bachelorette party? Just re-watch Season 1 of the ABC hit. Rayna Jaymes (Connie Britton) and Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) have you covered.
4. Lady Mary’s wedding dress: Even if you’re not a loyal Downton Abbey fan, you probably saw this photo of Lady Mary’s highly-anticipated wedding dress. It was one of the most buzzed-about TV weddings of all time (and it probably will be until Olivia Pope marries President Fitzgerald Grant on Scandal … are you listening, Shonda Rhimes?). In honor of Michelle Dockery’s nom for her portrayal of the oldest Crawley sister, relive her nuptials to Matthew below.
5. Shoshanna’s headpieces: Okay, we really just wanted an excuse to include this photo of Girls star Zosia Mamet wearing the mini fascinator in our roundup. But we gotta hand it to Shosh — it takes confidence to rock that level of hair accessory. A whole lotta confidence.
6. Megan Draper’s anti-Betty Draper wardrobe: We just hope Megan manages to forgive Don, because we’d miss her clothes wayyyy too much if she left the show. Catch Jessica Paré dishing on her favorite Mad Men looks below!
7. Olivia Pope’s … everything: Look up style gladiator in the fashion bible, and Olivia Pope’s photo will be there. Kerry Washington’s portrayal of the sassy political fixer has editors wanting to step out wearing ladylike coats and elbow-length gloves. Plus, we’d totally consider getting married in that gorgeous white Jean Fares Couture dress she hit Fitz’s birthday party in. “We were having a really hard time finding anything,” Scandal costume designer Lyn Paolo told PEOPLE of the gown. “There were a lot of needs for this dress: I wanted it to be white to echo [an episode from] last year, and she had to be able to move in it, too — she had to run down a hallway in one scene, and withstand wind effects in another. So I needed something that flowed.”
Are we missing any of your faves? Sound off in the comments below!
The 65th Primetime Emmys will come to CBS Sunday, Sept. 22, at 8/7c. Be sure to check out PEOPLE.com for all the live fashion coverage!