1 of 10
"The story was so top secret, that the film’s director is unknown to the Academy."
– Oscars host Seth MacFarlane, poking fun at Argo director Best Director snub in his opening monologue
2 of 10
"Maybe people will be getting naked. I’m not sure, we’ll see."
– Sexiest Man Alive , dropping hints on the red carpet about his song-and-dance number with host Seth MacFarlane and
3 of 10
"Today was stressful and I had no time to eat. I am starving. Is there food here?"
– Best Actress winner , looking for snacks on the red carpet while chatting with E!’s
4 of 10
"I sewed most of the sequins myself."
– , joking about having a hand in girlfriend Stacy Keibler’s dress, to ABC’s Lara Spencer on the red carpet
5 of 10
"It’s a very ‘Happy birthday, Mr. President’ kind of dress."
– Best Actress nominee , comparing her custom copper Giorgio Armani gown to Marilyn Monroe’s outfit at President JFK’s 44th birthday celebration
6 of 10
"I just look at pictures of you."
– Best Supporting Actress winner , on taking hairstyle cues from E! host
7 of 10
"Jane Fonda. I think she’s like, 32."
– Presenter Melissa McCarthy, amazed by the ageless actress’s hot yellow Oscars ensemble
8 of 10
"I had actually been committed to play Margaret Thatcher, and Meryl was Steven’s first choice for Lincoln. And I’d like to see that version."
– Lincoln Best Actor winner Daniel Day-Lewis, musing on switching movie roles with presenter Meryl Streep during his acceptance speech
9 of 10
"Our next presenters are Hollywood royalty, going back to the 1970s and ’80s. They remember when Hollywood was nothing but cocaine trees as far as the eye can see."
– Seth MacFarlane, before introducing presenters Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas
10 of 10
"I want to thank my wife – who I don’t normally associate with Iran."
– , giving a nervous shout-out to wife , while accepting his Best Picture award for Argo