Nicki Minaj is having a banner year: She’s got a top ten single in “Pills N Potions,” plus a new album The Pink Print, on the way. She just nabbed another BET award and a landed plum role in The Other Woman opposite Cameron Diaz. And then there’s that third fragrance, Minajesty Exotic Edition, that she’s releasing July 11 during her first appearance on HSN.
With so much going on in her life, we had to ask a couple questions ahead of her HSN stint (which she’s “super excited” for). Find out what keeps her entertained in her spare time, how she cares for her skin behind closed doors and more below.
Courtesy Minajesty; Inset: Jeff Kravitz/Getty
1. The inspiration for her newest bust-shaped bottle? It’s an ode to her inner blonde bombshell. “Last year, I did a photo shoot as a blonde, and I felt inspired and powerful — a sultry bombshell” she reveals.
2. Her DIY makeup is super toned down. “I can do a full face from start to finish, [but] when I do my own makeup, I love it looking fresh and clean, [so] I go very light on the skin.”
3. She may dress crazier than the average girl, but the inside of her purse looks pretty much like ours: “gum, money, jewelry, lotion, hand sanitizer and lip gloss.”
4. She keeps black eyeliner in her pantry, because, duh, “It’s my obsession.” (That’s the same reason we keep Oreos in our pantry.)
5. That glowing skin in her latest video? She come by it naturally — and “never does face masks.”
6. Her primping motto: No pain, no gain. And her top ouch-inducing beauty treatment of choice: “The painful process of threading.”
7. The Queens native’s favorite hot spots in N.Y.C include “lots of food places: Negril and Gloria’s [for] West Indian food. And you can’t forget the malls! Green Acres Mall, Kings Plaza, and the Jamaica Coliseum Mall.”
8. And if she could go “H.A.M.” on any indulgent food without any consequences? “Warm brownies with vanilla ice cream.” We’re with her there.
9. Her favorite beach is “anything in Trindad. It’s home!”
10. Finally, what does one of the most entertaining women in the world rely on for her own entertainment? “I was recently watching Kandi’s Wedding on Bravo – [there’s] so much drama! I also love anything on Investigation Discovery.” So next time you tweet Nicki, you know what to talk about.
Anything you’re surprised by? Anything you agree with? Let us know!