As Prince George begins academic life at his new school, Thomas’s Battersea, a royal source told PEOPLE that his parents, Prince William and Princess Kate remain committed to dropping George off and picking him up from school.
Though their royal duties may not always allow it, William and Kate have promised to take George to and from school “as often as they possibly can,” a royal source previously told PEOPLE and reiterated again on Wednesday.
Security concerns at George’s school arose today after an arrest took place outside of Thomas’s Battersea. At 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday, a 40-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary at the school, where George began classes last week. The alleged incident occurred on Tuesday, according to the Metropolitan Police.
Prince George was present at school on both the day of the alleged incident as well as the day of the arrest, though it is understood that at the time of the arrest, George and the children in his class had already departed for the day.
“The woman was arrested in the vicinity of the school and has been taken to a south London police station where she remains in custody,” the Metropolitan police stated in a release published following the arrest. “We are working with the school, which is attended by His Royal Highness Prince George, to review its security arrangements after the incident.”
FROM PEN: How Princess Kate Is Changing the Royal Parenting Rules
Kensington Palace told PEOPLE: “We are aware of the issue but we would not comment on security matters.”
The elite Thomas’s Battersea is just a short drive away from the family’s London home at Kensington Palace. William walked George into the school on his first day, though mom Kate — who is expecting the couple’s third child — stayed at home as she’s undergoing treatment for acute morning sickness.
• Reporting by SIMON PERRY