Do you play poker like a rock star? How about playing with some rock stars? Tommy Lee, Dave Navarro and Goo Goo Dolls’ John Rzeznik will compete with two fans for $10,000 at the Vegas Rock Star Poker Tournament at the Palms Hotel and Casino on Aug. 27.
Can’t Buy Me Love?
Kobe Bryant said, “I love you” the old-fashioned way recently: by treating wife Vanessa to $700 worth of lingerie during an impromptu shopping spree at the Samantha Chang boutique in Mandalay Place. While Vanessa picked out goodies by La Perla, Hanky Panky and Hello Kitty, the embattled NBA star entertained their 19-month-old daughter, Natalia. “She was full of energy, running around the store,” a spy says of the toddler. “They looked very happy together.”
No Moore, For Now
If you’ve been counting the days until the promised “America the Beautiful” collaboration between singer Linda Ronstadt and filmmaker Michael Moore at the soon-to-be-opened Planet Hollywood Casino, you may be X-ing out your calendar for a while. The “Desperado” singer has canceled the rest of her tour to spend more time with her two adopted children, says her agent, Shelly Shultz. “She’s a single mother and has obligations,” says Shultz. “It has been agreed that she will reschedule the dates when it is convenient.”
File under: Nice job if you can get it. Several members of the United States Secret Service turned up at the Light nightclub at the Bellagio recently. But they weren’t there to speak with Heidi Fleiss, who was enjoying cocktails with a group of friends at a private VIP table – turns out Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry was staying at the resort while in town for a speaking engagement.
Aussie supermodel-actress Rachel Hunter will make her Vegas debut as the celebrity “CenterPIECE” in the off-Broadway hit Pieces (of Ass), playing Aug. 15 at the Hard Rock Casino’s concert venue, The Joint.
Caught in the Act
Recently Spotted in Sin City:
• Tom Selleck and David Spade, rocking out to Van Halen at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
• Ozzy Osbourne, signing autographs at the Grand Canal Shoppes inside The Venetian.
• Magic Johnson, in town promoting his new line of sneakers, wandering around the World Shoe Convention at the Sands.
• Ringo Starr, relaxing in a VIP skybox with a small group of friends at the Sapphire “gentleman’s club.”
• Rapper-actor Ice-T, enjoying an intimate dinner with a female friend at Simon Kitchen at the Hard Rock.
• By SEAN DALY