Just hours after swearing to us that she’s “not a party girl. I am too old to behave like that,” Tara Reid stunned more than 1,000 onlookers by diving into the Palms hotel pool – fully clothed – during a late-night party and concert by rapper Doug E. Fresh. Spies tell us that the American Pie star, 28, seemed upset after an argument with Lindsay Lohan during dinner at the hotel’s Little Buddha restaurant.
Faith Hill had a special guest at the sound check before her opening night concert at Caesars Palace – 17-year-old Andrew Thiebault of Carlsbad, Calif., who requested to meet the singer through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Thiebault, a high school senior, was diagnosed with bone cancer on Valentine’s Day 2003 and submitted his wish months later after undergoing surgery to remove part of his pelvis. “I told them I didn’t want to meet her any earlier than April of 2004 because I wanted to be healthy and out of chemotherapy,” he tells us. Hill, 36 and a mother of three, also called her new pal on his birthday in May.
Jon Lovitz helped make a long night even longer while filming a recent guest stint on the hit NBC series Las Vegas at the Venetian Hotel and Casino. Lovitz, 47 – who will appear on the Sept. 20 episode of the show as a down-on-his-luck gambler who becomes an overnight millionaire – kept cracking up the cast and crew between takes by busting out lines like “Yeah, that’s the ticket” from his days on Saturday Night Live.
Now That’s Service
Guests at the Hard Rock Hotel no longer have to wait until regular business hours to purchase “adult toys.” The hotel’s Love Jones lingerie store now offers items such as rabbit fur-covered handcuffs ($40) and butterfly lace body stockings ($21) delivered to guests via room service.
Palms Casino owner George Maloof Jr. has booked himself a special birthday party for Sept. 12: Maroon 5 will perform in the hotel’s Rain nightclub. Also coming to town: Bette Midler (at the MGM Garden Arena Nov. 26) and Uncle Kracker (at the Skin Pool Lounge at the Palms in Sept. 30).
Caught in the Act
Recently Spotted in Sin City:• Paris Hilton, celebrating sister Nicky’s 2:30 a.m. surprise wedding Saturday by partying until dawn with pals Bijou Phillips, Lindsay Lohan and Wilmer Valderrama at hot nightclub Seven. “They came in somewhere between 5 and 6 in the morning,” manager Zohar Robin tells us. “They were looking very tired after a long night. The sun was out when they left. (Paris) asked me, ‘Until what time are you open?’ I said, ‘8 a.m.’ And she said, ‘Good!’ ”
• Lance Bass, making an early exit from the Stuff magazine celebrity poker tournament (he turned his cards over to That 70s Show pal Laura Prepon) to accompany his girlfriend, actress Jennifer Gimenez, to a Faith Hill performance at Caesars Palace.
• That 70s Show’s Danny Masterson, acting as guest bartender at the Bellagio’s Light nightclub.
• John Grahame, backup goalie for the Tampa Bay Lightning, hoisting the Stanley Cup over his head as he walked to a VIP dining room at the N9NE Steakhouse in the Palms.
• Model Rachel Hunter, dining at Simon Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel before taking the stage for a performance of the off-Broadway production Pieces (of Ass).
• Roger Taylor and Brian May of Queen, at a performance of Zumanity, Another Side of Cirque du Soleil. We Will Rock You, a musical based on their band’s music, opens Sept. 8 at the Paris Las Vegas.
• By SEAN DALY