Those Simpson sisters, they share everything – including aspiring pop star Ryan Cabrera. Twenty-year-old Cabrera, whose debut album hits stores next month, is opening for Jessica on some dates of her Reality tour and he’s also dating younger sis Ashlee, 19. “I’m with Ryan,” she told us at the release party for her own CD, Autobiography, at New York nightspot PM this week. The 5-month-old pair recently reconciled after a brief hiatus, she said, because “we like each other too much.” Ashlee, who is finished with her role on The WB show 7th Heaven (though she may go back for guest spots) and is pursuing a movie career, told us she had hesitated to get into the music biz. “I was more shy (than Jessica) about singing,” Ashlee says. “I never really knew I could do a record. It’s something I always really, really wanted, but I didn’t know because I kind of felt like that’s her thing, I don’t need to do that. But I really wanted to – so I just did it.” The two sisters are planning to share something else this holiday season: Their father, Joe, tells us that Ashlee will join Jessica for a duet on her Christmas album.
Okay, so you’re a celebrity, and you’re going to the VH1 Save the Music benefit Friday night in the Hamptons (to be hosted by Ashanti). Do you wear the comfy flip-flops, or the sexy stilettos that look hot but kill your feet? No worries: There will be a – get this – shoe valet to hold your heels while you party in new flip-flops provided by Target. You can recover your heels from the valet before you leave, if you haven’t had too many mojitos. We couldn’t make this stuff up.
We asked Shelley Buckner, 15 (Amber on The WB’s Summerland), for her quick takes on a few hot topics.
• Lance Armstrong in Tour de France: “Great”
• Summer Olympics in Athens: “I’d like to be there”
• Britney as a stepmom: “Wrong – too young”
• Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan?: “Both”
• Prince William or Prince Harry?: “Prince William”
• When I get bummed out, I “Eat a lot of ice cream”
• Best movie of the summer: “Anchorman”
• Martha Stewart’s jail sentence: “Wrong – I think that’s wrong. I like her.”
Caught in the Act
• Halle Berry, Sean Hayes, Jill Hennessy, Ben Stiller, Christine Taylor, Kathy Najimy, Kim Dickens (House of Sand and Fog), Nia Vardalos and Sara Gilbert, at the White Room Gallery on L.A.’s trendy Melrose Avenue for a photo exhibit by Alexandra Hedison, Ellen DeGeneres’s partner.
• By DOROTHY CASCERCERI, KC BAKER and KIMBERLY LANSING