If you’ve ever secretly wished that Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie would somehow lose their fortunes and be forced to make a living at the jobs they play at on The Simple Life (um, not that we ever have ), think again: Their favorite vocations from their most recent go-around on the FOX show were caring for kids and animals. “We would not like to work 9 to 5,” Hilton revealed recently as one of the things she learned from filming the third season (shocking, we know). But of the jobs the girls liked, “the day care center was neat,” said Richie, with Hilton concurring. As for the animals, “the zoo-keeping was fun. To feed the giraffes was cool,” said Richie. “It was okay, but I would only take care of giraffes if I worked at a zoo,” added Hilton. “I would not take care of the polar bears. You have to cut up all this meat, (including the) horsemeat they eat. It was gross.”
Partying with a Housewife
Desperate Housewives vixen Nicollette Sheridan celebrated her recent 41st in style, throwing a co-birthday bash at Bliss in West Hollywood with her chef buddy Mark Kearney. The other women of Wisteria Lane couldn’t make the soiree because of the Thanksgiving holiday, but the 350 guests who did enjoy the lobster ravioli and Beluga caviar included Housewives’ Brenda Strong (who voices dead narrator Mary Alice Young) and Mark Moses (a.k.a. Paul Young, Mary Alice’s husband), series creator Marc Cherry and celeb pals like former NFL star Marcus Allen and singer-actress Michelle Phillips.
We asked actress Julia Stiles for her quick takes on a few hot topics.
• Jude Law as Sexiest Man Alive: “I’ll go see Alfie – I’m not gonna lie to you!”
• The O.C.: “All of my friends watch it, but I still miss (Beverly Hills) 90210, I have to say.”
• Colin Farrell in Miami Vice movie: “I kinda think they should start leaving ’80s shows alone. Let them rest. Stop remaking them.”
• Denzel Washington in Broadway’s Julius Caesar: “He’s a fantastic actor, so I’m sure he will pull it off.”
• Tara Reid’s wardrobe malfunction: “Glad it didn’t happen to me!”
• Star Jones’s wedding: “It was big, it was bold and it looked very expensive. I probably wouldn’t do it that way.”
Look for Stiles in The Bourne Supremacy DVD, in stores Dec. 7.
Caught in the Act
• Sharon Stone, chatting on her cell phone while grabbing a bite at cafeteria-style L.A. eatery Souplantation.
• Bill Pullman, dining with his wife and another couple at new L.A. restaurant Cliff’s Edge.
• By SARYN CHORNEY, MARISA LAUDADIO, BRIANA HAAS, LYNDON STAMBLER and CLARE KLEINEDLER