At first it seemed like just another guys’ night out. But Nick Lachey’s hosting duties at the Borgata’s Mixx nightclub (after the Tarver vs. Hopkins fight Saturday night) ended with a surprise female addition: Vanessa Minnillo.
Lachey was spotted leaving the Atlantic City hot spot with the MTV veejay – whom he linked up with back in March – at about 4 a.m. Sunday.
Still, most of the night was for the boys. Lachey, who has been romancing stylist Kim Kardashian, walked into Mixx just past 1 a.m. to the Rocky theme song with eight male pals, then kicked back with bottles of beer and a toast. But once Minnillo arrived in the VIP section wearing short shorts and a black top about an hour later, they locked eyes and were “Livin’ on a Prayer,” pumping their fists together to the Bon Jovi anthem.
A few songs later, the two clasped hands, danced briefly to Madonna’s “Like a Prayer” and chatted into each other’s ears. Finally, Lachey and Minnillo made their exit – he grinning, and she leading the way to the elevator. No word on what happened once the doors closed.
Denim & Diva
Expect to see Britney Spears donning plenty of denim while she’s pregnant with Baby No. 2. A source tells us that jean designers Chip & Pepper recently sent the pop star a slew of clothes to showcase her blossoming silhouette. Among her new duds: a skirt that can be converted into a maternity dress, cut-off shorts and a miniskirt.
Just Say Ohm
How does Jeremy Piven unwind from playing hot-tempered agent Ari Gold on Entourage? “I try to do yoga three times a week,” the actor told us at a recent New York City party for the HBO show’s third season (which premiered Sunday). “I love the sense of calm – it helps me.” Good thing: Ari’s anger-management issues include hurling objects at tortured assistant Lloyd (Rex Lee). “It’s frightening, I’m scared,” says Piven. “I always check in with the guy after I throw things at him.”
Caught in the Act
• Keanu Reeves, dining with actress Claire Forlani at Cut, Wolfgang Puck’s new steakhouse at the Regent Beverly Wilshire. At a separate table, Pierce Brosnan feasted with his wife. And the next night, Scarlett Johansson showed up for dinner.
• Jessica Simpson, getting cozy with Jared Leto at New York City lounge Double Seven. The duo danced to her new song “Public Affair,” along with other celeb revelers including Lance Armstrong and John Mayer.
• Hugh Grant, going to a late showing of The Break-Up in New York City. The actor tried to be discreet, sneaking in after the lights went down.
• Katie Couric, ordering takeout barbecue chicken and ribs, corn bread and cole slaw at East Hampton, N.Y., eatery Turtle Crossing (for “family and friends at home,” says a source).
• By MARK DAGOSTINO, ALISON GEE, LAURA HAHN, MAUREEN HARRINGTON, JENNIFER ODELL, KEVIN RAUB and NICHOLAS WHITE