Matt Damon made one bride-to-be extremely happy when he became the guest of honor at a bachelorette party at Miami Beach’s hip steakhouse Prime One Twelve recently.
Damon was dining with fiancée Luciana Barroso and several friends when a bachelorette party realized he was there. One by one, the dozen excited ladies sidled up to his table and approached the Oscar winner (who’ll next be seen alongside pal George Clooney in the political thriller Syriana, out Dec. 9). He graciously chatted with them during his meal, says an onlooker.
After dinner, while waiting to pick up his car at the valet parking, Damon – always the gentleman – “posed for pictures,” says a source. “He was really nice to them.” Now that’s one for the soon-to-be newlywed’s memory books.
Single in the City
After being married for six years, getting back in the swing of the singles scene hasn’t been easy for Jenny McCarthy. “It’s scary,” says the actress, who split with her husband, director John Asher, in August. “I look out in L.A. and see what’s out there and go to parties and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, these men have more makeup on than me. They have more hair gel on their hair than me!’ I’m taking it very slow, I’ll say that.”
McCarthy – who’s starring in the breakup comedy Dirty Love (which is directed by her soon-to-be ex) – has another reason to take her time before she starts dating again: her 3-year-old son Evan. “I won’t let anybody in my house for a while,” the goofy comedienne told us at a recent party at New York City club Cain thrown in her honor by FHM magazine. “He’s my first priority.”
Caught in the Act
• Jessica Simpson, chowing down on a Thai steak salad with two girlfriends at cozy restaurant Jack n’ Jill’s in Beverly Hills.
• Ryan Phillippe, grooving at Kyle Eastwood’s jazz show at the Viper Room in Hollywood. The actor came to the gig because he’s working with the musician’s Oscar-winning dad Clint Eastwood on the film Flags of Our Fathers and he “thought he’d come down and check it out,” he told us.
• Jeremy Piven, playing drums during rapper Twista’s performance at the Unwired Series at the new Nokia Theater in Times Square. The actor hit the stage with the hip-hopper after sets by Death Cab for Cutie and Mary J. Blige.
• Eddie Murphy, hanging out in the VIP section of the Monmartre Lounge in Hollywood.
• By LINDA TRISCHITTA, KATE LINTHICUM, MARISA LAUDADIO, CARRIE BORZILLO-VRENNA and PRIYA MOHAN