Lenny Kravitz will be among the sea of celebrities performing at Saturday’s Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope (to air on NBC) – but last weekend, he belonged to a crowd of 60 fans lucky enough to win a contest by Miami pop radio station Y100. During the private show and Q&A session, held at the Sagamore Hotel in South Beach, Kravitz performed a few hits (including “Lady” from the Gap commercials, “Believe in Me” and “Let Love Rule”), talked about receiving “peace” for Christmas and revealed that he currently does not have a particular love interest. (When one fan asked about Nicole Kidman, with whom Kravitz had a brief relationship in 2003, he said, “Where have you been?,” drawing laughs from the crowd.) As for potential matchups professionally, Kravitz said he would like to work with Joss Stone and Alicia Keys. Stay tuned …
Five Questions with … Renée Zellweger
We caught up with the Bridget Jones star at the People’s Choice Awards, and got the lowdown on her life at the moment.
• What do you like about your job?
How much time to you have? I love my life and love the job. It’s a fantastic job and it comes with a pretty phenomenal life.
• What does the People’s Choice Award (for favorite leading lady) mean to you?
It’s overwhelming what it represents. It’s a huge life blessing and a little overwhelming. It’s my first People’s Choice Award. It’s very special.
• You’re 35. How old do you feel?
I don’t think about age as in a number. I feel like a have a lot to do and learn yet. I have a lot of growing to do. I have a long way to go and I look forward to it in my adulthood. And I don’t want to go back.
• What do you like to do for fun?
I used to travel a lot for fun, but now I do so much for my job and the last thing I want to do is get home and repack my bags. I have a few months to myself and I’m going to find out this year what I like to do.
• What will we see you in next?
Cinderella Man is next to come out, this summer. It’s pretty amazing. It’s a beautiful love story.
We all have to wait a few more weeks for the next season of Newlyweds to begin on MTV (Jan. 26), but fortunately, we recently got a minute with Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey and talked about – what else? – love. How do they make their marriage work? “It’s about compromise and supporting each other,” said Lachey. Added Simpson: “We have no clue, we just love each other.”
We asked second-season Apprentice contestant Raj – soon to set sail on the glamorous and luxurious Carnival?s Trump World Legend – for his quick takes on a few hot topics.
• Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston separating: “Tragic, but irrelevant.”
• Donald Trump’s impending nuptials: “Interesting.”
• George Clooney vs. Bill O’Reilly: “I don’t like either of them. Me!”
• My favorite guilty pleasure is …: “There is only really one guilty pleasure if one is to be honest …”
• My favorite TV show is …: Boston Legal
• If I could dine with any celebrity, it would be …: “Nicole Kidman. I like Nicole Kidman.”
• By JON WARECH and MARGI BLASH