Katie Holmes is just “made for motherhood,” her former Dawson’s Creek costar Oliver Hudson told us at a recent launch party for Express’s new spring line “She is very maternal, she’s a nurturer. Her family is great, so it all makes sense.”
Besides giving props to his pal (who is due in May and recently spent time with fiancé Tom Cruise in Australia), Hudson – son of Goldie Hawn, brother to Kate – mingled with Nicole Richie, Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine and Pharrell Williams at the Culver City, Calif., event, which benefited the Center for Innovative Education, a charity that brings mentors to underprivileged schools in the L.A. area. While snacking on mini-hamburgers and Thai-style chicken, the stars also grooved to a set by singer Robin Thicke and deejay Tendaji Lathan, the brother of actress Sanaa Lathan.
Free Association with Pamela Anderson
The blonde bombshell, whose VIP: The Complete First Season DVD is out March 14, gives us some quick thoughts on hot topics:
• Worst fan encounter: I was almost suffocated in (a crowd of) 6,000 on a beach in Uruguay. They were saying, “I love you, Pam!” I was like, “It doesn’t feel like it!”
• Her real-life Baywatch moment: I saved my brother when we were little. We were on a creek and the water was half frozen. He kind of slipped under and I grabbed him and pulled him out. I do remind him of that every once in a while.
• Playing ditzy: Suzanne Somers said, “If you’re a dumb blonde, you can’t play one.”
• Fighting for animal rights: My sons boo when we go by Kentucky Fried Chicken.
• Food: I’m a real big cook. Right now, I’m having tofu and cabbage and sesame stuff.
Caught in the Act
• Kevin Federline, enjoying a Japanese hibachi lunch at Benihana in Encino, Calif. One of his pals sported a “Quit Hatin’ on Kevin” t-shirt.
• Denzel Washington, hanging out at Atlanta club B.E.D. He mingled in the lobby area and had cocktails with friends for several hours.
• By VANESSA DIAZ, MOLLY LOPEZ, MARISA LAUDADIO and ISOUL HARRIS