• Who’s the Most Inspiring Person You Know?
Do you know someone working to make a difference in the world? Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, phone number and return e-mail address.
June 7, 2004
A fund for Iraqi kids, a den mother to Marine moms, comfort for injured troops: The bad news from Iraq makes simple acts of kindness stand out even more.
– Ma’rwa Ahteemi: A fund has been established that will provide medical supplies and equipment and to help restore Ma’rwa’s family farm. To send tax-deductible donations, please contact the National Spinal Cord Injury Association
PO Box 631002
Baltimore, MD 21263-1002
(please note “Ma’rwa’s fund” in memo)
–Jim Mayer, aka The Milkshake Man: Mayer has been delivering milkshakes to the severely wounded on Walter Reed Medical Center’s Ward 57 since 1991. He buys and delivers the milkshakes himself, sometimes spending more than $75 a month. Find out how you can help by e-mailing email@example.com.
–Jessica Porter: For more information on Jessica’s Operation Home Front Quilts project, go to www.westpascoquilters.org
– Brittany and Robbie Bergquist: To donate to the teens’ charity, send check, money order or pre-paid phone cards to:
Cell Phones for Soldiers
c/o South Shore Savings Bank
5 Assinippi Avenue
Hanover, MA 02339
Or send new, old or unused cell phones to:
Cell Phones for Soldiers
c/o Standard Communications Group
31 Schoosett St. Suite 205
Pembroke, MA 02359
You can also call Standard Communications Group at 781-826-5801 for more information on donating phones
– David McCorkle: American Aid for Children of Nineveh, Iraq, is a charity founded by Dave McCorkle that provides supplemental income to families of working children in Iraq in return for mandatory school attendance. They can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (816-566-0128) or snail-mail:
13820 S Lovers Lane
Lone Jack, MO 64070
– Karen Gill: Donated items and shipping funds for the care packages Karen assembles and sends to deployed troops via her Treats for Troops can be sent to
c/o The Loyal Order of Moose
3279 Maricopa Avenue
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
Gillette M3Power Razor: P. Diddy is endorsing Gillette’s new wet shaver. You can find out more about the product at the Gillette Company Web site and you can purchase one for $13.99 at www.cvs.com (diamonds not included).
Mblem. tees: The T-shirts, featuring song lyrics and designed by Mandy Moore, are available starting June 1 for $52-$54 at www.mblem.net. Part of the proceeds from the collection benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Garner and Parker outfits: Up for bid at www.butterfields.com/hollywood100 on June 6 are outfits worn by Jennifer Garner (in 13 Going on 30) and Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City) and a slew of other celebrity-related items. The auction is raising money for Project Angel Food, which delivers meals to people with HIV/AIDS and other illnesses.
Veronica and Betty sweaters: The cashmere sweaters with the Archie characters’ likenesses have been seen on Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie. Snap up yours for $345 at www.shopkitson.com.