They don’t call him Hot-nett for nothing. As Scarlett Johansson helped promote her film Match Point at a New York City party, boyfriend Josh Hartnett hung back and let her take the spotlight.
“Josh was in the penthouse for most of the night, letting her have her moment in the sun,” a source at the SoHo Grand bash tells us. “He came down to the party at about 11:30.”
But once together, the two were more than happy to get cozy. “They were at the bar and were nuzzling each other and kissed for a second. They were cute and cuddly,” says our spy.
Also on hand for the Cinema Society’s VIP event were Alec Baldwin, Bette Midler, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Patricia Clarkson, Josh Lucas, Marcia Gay Harden, Willem Dafoe, Michael Imperioli, Jeff Daniels and Helena Christensen.
Meanwhile Johansson’s costar Jonathan Rhys-Meyers told us that the actress – who got a Golden Globe nomination for the Woody Allen film – had a little fun with the legendary director.
“While Woody was sleeping on set, she would put stickers on him. She was very childlike and fun,” says Rhys-Meyers. Costar Emily Mortimer added: “Scarlett was uninhibited around Woody. They laughed a lot.”
The Ex Factor
Talk about an awkward moment. Exes Mary-Kate Olsen and Stavros Niarchos had an unplanned reunion at the new club Teddy’s at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
Olsen, who arrived with former beau David Katzenberg, gave Niarchos (who’s now dating Paris Hilton) an awkward hug and exchanged greetings, but, says a source, the tension between the two was palpable. Olsen then relocated her posse to a table at the other end of the bar. Also at Teddy’s that night: Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss, who told a friend, “I’m drinking but I’m not doing drugs.” The Mean Girls star and the supermodel rocked out on the dance floor together.
Free Association with Howie Mandel
NBC’s Deal or No Deal host Howie Mandel gives us some quick thoughts on hot topics:
• Chrismukah: Good for me, being a Jew. It just means more gifts.
• Colin Farrell in rehab: He’s looking for new drinking buddies.
• Donald Trump becoming a father for the fifth time: I just see him going, “You’re?pregnant!” That’ll be his new catchphrase.
• American Idol’s Simon Cowell vs. America’s Next Top Model’s Tyra Banks: Who would win in a fight? He wears tight shirts, but she seems to have stronger pecs. She looks more muscular, if you know what I’m saying. I watched her show. Those are “real” muscles. You know, my breasts are real, too.
• Turning 50: I wanted to feel youthful, so my wife threw the party at Chuck E. Cheese. But it’s good Italian food, good entertainment and what is a better evening than a singing rat? It was fun until three other mothers yelled, “Get out of the balls!”
Deal or No Deal airs all week on NBC (8 p.m. ET).
Caught in the Act
• Matt Damon, buying gifts for Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner’s daughter Violet at hip SoHo baby store Giggle in New York City. Among his purchases: organic swaddle blankets in pink and sage, an ivory chenille hooded towel and a pink gown-and-hat set.
• George Clooney, hanging out at the Firefly bar in Studio City, Calif.
• Jesse Metcalfe, celebrating his 27th birthday at Pure nightclub at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The Pussycat Dolls brought the Desperate Housewives star a cake and gave him a sexy serenade.
• By KC BAKER, KIM LANSING, CARYN MIDLER, BRENDA RODRIGUEZ and MARISA LAUDADIO