Jessica Alba, invisible? Hard to imagine. But she will play the Invisible Girl (a.k.a. Sue Storm) in the upcoming film Fantastic Four, also starring The Shield’s Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans (Not Another Teen Movie). “I love her because she is so maternal,” Alba, 23, told us about the character. “I have always been quite maternal and so I totally connect with her.” And then there’s the cool superhero suit she’ll get to wear: “It is mostly a very tight blue outfit that says ‘4,’” she laughed. Alba gave us the lowdown while hosting the Mercedes-Benz Polo Challenge over the weekend in the Hamptons, where she looked more society girl than bad-ass superhero in a frilly Jill Stuart dress. “I have been feeling quite feminine lately,” she revealed when we inquired about her look. Naturally, we asked why (could it have anything to do with the rumors about her and Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, perhaps?), but she just sipped her champagne and demurred, “Nothing I would like to share. Only that it is good.” Stay tuned …
Kelly’s Love Triangle
Though he’s happily married to Kelly Ripa, soap star Mark Consuelos has been playing jealous over The View cohost Star Jones’s impending nuptials to Wall Street banker Al Reynolds. “Mark and Kelly have been friends for years and years. So Mark told me he plans to, without question, scream ‘I object!’ at the wedding because I’m supposed to be his girl,” says Jones, 42. “I always used to call him my husband. I told (Kelly), ‘I had to get my own (husband), because you weren’t sharing anymore and you’ve got three kids now.'”
Caught in the Act
• Sharon Stone, dining at L.A. hotspot Dolce. Also at the eatery the same night: actress-comedian Aisha Tyler, who grabbed a bite before heading down Melrose Avenue to Monroe’s bar to read passages from her new book, Swerve: Reckless Observations of a Post Modern Girl. Her inspiration for writing the collection of personal essays? “I was traveling all over the country doing standup, and I was having great conversations with bands after the show about stuff that I had said. And I was like, oh man, I want to have those conversations with everybody and tell longer stories and have longer conversations about stuff that I found interesting,” she told us at the event, a kickoff party for Svedka Vodka’s Erotica Reading Series.
• Mischa Barton and beau Brandon Davis, dining on the patio at Nobu in Malibu.
• Evan Handler (Charlotte’s lawyer hubby Harry Goldenblatt on Sex and the City), dining solo in a snazzy suit at the bar at Hal’s in Venice Beach. He didn’t seem to mind turning away from the Dodgers game on TV to chat with fans who approached him.
• Johnny Knoxville, hiding behind a giant pair of sunglasses, at the Apple store at L.A.’s Grove shopping center.
• By REBECCA PALEY, KC BAKER, KIMBERLY LANSING, MARISA LAUDADIO and KWALA MANDEL