The erotic thriller When Will I Be Loved opens with actress Neve Campbell in a sexually charged, solo nude shower scene. The scene itself lasts only a few minutes, but filming it “took all day,” says the former Party of Five star. Not only that, but “we had to have the cameras in there, we needed four guys, so there were four guys in the shower with me,” she adds. So what was that like? “When you’re in the shower with a whole camera crew, your issues get thrown out the door and you start concentrating on your role. There’s no room for insecurity or embarrassment.” We’ll take her word for it …
So, Ray Romano, who are you bringing to the Emmys on Sunday night? “My daughter (Alexandra, 14) is coming to the Emmys and, yeah, it’s a nice thrill,” he tells us. “The only problem is I wasn’t nominated – the show’s nominated. So she’s coming to the Emmys to see me fail, actually.”
Spotted at the Toronto Film Festival:
• Kate Bosworth, stocking up on sweaters for beau Orlando Bloom at Club Monaco. “She bought a couple of cashmere sweaters in black and yellow. She said Orlando loves them, and those colors,” says a spy. Bosworth also picked up a beige and blue sweater set and a brass-buttoned pea coat for herself.
• Orlando Bloom, at a dinner celebrating his upcoming film Haven (which he also co-produced) at Toronto eatery Nectar. We hear he was very gracious to the restaurant’s staff as well as his guests. “Here’s this guy from The Lord of the Rings, but he was so humble,” says one employee. “He wouldn’t leave until he made sure we knew how happy he was with what we’d done for him.”
• Naomi Watts, combing the racks incognito at clothing store Holt Renfrew. “You’d never know it was her without her makeup or looking like she normally does,” says one employee. “No one in the store knew who it was, except for a few salesgirls.”
• Queer Eye’s Carson Kressley, pressing his face to the window of the closed Teatro Verde home and accessories store. An employee opened up to let the TV star in. “Carson came in and shopped for tons of things. He kept saying, ‘Why haven’t I ever heard of this store before?’ ” says owner Shawn Gibson.
• Matt Dillon, shopping for Cuban cigars at Toronto’s Thomas Hinds Tobacconists. Jeremy Irons also came by and stocked up, says a spy.
Caught in the Act
• Kate Hudson, Liv Tyler, Steven Tyler and an unidentified woman, enjoying a late dinner al fresco at trendy New York eatery Pastis.
• At New York’s Hotel Gansevoort during Fashion Week: Tara Reid and Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich were guests (though not together), while supermodels Helena Christensen and Christy Turlington grabbed a quick drink in the lobby – from a water fountain, that is.
• By ETHEL MONIQUE, JULIE JORDAN, ANNE MARIE CRUZ, CONSTANCE DROGANES, LAUREN JOHNSTON and LIZA HAMM