December 19, 2003
IS AN O.C. ROMANCE IN THE STARS?
The only thing more fun than watching The O.C. is trying to figure out whether a real-life romance has blossomed between stars Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson. Bilson’s rep insists the young couple are “just good friends,” but astrologers Ophira and Tali Edut say the two are perfectly compatible for true love. “Rachel is a double Virgo: Virgo sun, Virgo rising,” Tali tells Daily Insider. “She is very self-expressed, very outgoing. Adam is Sagittarius. There is a lot of chemistry and a lot of challenges for them. She is the one who is going to keep him in line. They are the same (sign) combo as Beyonce and Jay-Z.” “The Astrotwins,” authors of AstroStyle: Star-Studded Advice for Love, Life and Looking Good, have less hope, however, for the show’s other rumored couple, Mischa Barton and Benjamin McKenzie. “Mischa is an Aquarius and Ben is a Virgo, which is definitely an odd couple match. Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie were the same star-sign combo.”
TRAVEL TIPS FROM CAPT. TRAVOLTA
Is it possible to avoid jetlag this holiday season? Yes, if you follow the sage advice of John Travolta. We’d listen to him – after all, he is a licensed pilot with his own Boeing 707. Heck, he’s even got a kid named Jett!
• Avoid drinking alcohol.
• Drink lots of water.
• Do isometric exercises in your seat. Tighten your legs and arms – it keeps the blood flowing.
• Take a long walk when you get to your destination – you get a lot of oxygen back in that way.
• Also, melatonin does work.
KATIE’S HOLIDAY CHEER
Katie Couric’s daughters, Elinor, 12, and Caroline, 7, certainly get some perks – like getting to go backstage at the recent Z100 Jingle Ball concert in New York (where Beyonce, Hilary Duff, Matchbox Twenty and Jay-Z performed). But although the celebrity gift lounge featured freebies such as digital cameras, clothes and jewelry for stars participating in the event, Couric (who attended as a fan) instructed her kids: “Two gifts, that’s it.” She then repeated her instructions to the event staff.
Speaking of gifts, what would the Today show host herself like to see under the tree? “Something to organize my photographs,” Couric tells us. “I have all these pictures that I love in old shoeboxes and envelopes. I’m trying to figure a way to display them in my apartment without having a thousand frames.”
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• Paris Hilton, Jason Priestley and James Van Der Beek, trying to go unnoticed at the hot new club The Roof at the Hyatt Hotel on L.A.’s Sunset Boulevard.
• Cher, in a long, black vintage trench coat, checking out shoes but purchasing a pair of leg warmers instead at the Steve Madden shoe store in New York’s SoHo neighborhood.
• David Schwimmer, in jeans and a gray hooded sweatshirt, sniffing lavender oils at a stand at the Larchmont Farmer’s Market in L.A., after reaching into his pocket for some spare bills to give a sidewalk musician.
• Catherine Keener (Being John Malkovich), catching a matinee of 21 Grams at Hollywood’s Arclight theater.
Written by: SEAN DALY
Reported by: SEAN DALY, KATHERINE EHRICH, ANNE MARIE CRUZ, AMY GURVITZ, and ELIZABETH LEONARD