December 18, 2003
THE HOTTEST COLD DRINK
Mooooove over Red Bull – the trendiest energy drink at New York clubs is Rushh. It’s so hip, it isn’t even available anywhere else stateside … but it will be in 2004. Britney Spears, who we hear has been cutting back on her alcohol consumption lately, orders it straight up, as does Demi Moore. Others, like Justin Timberlake, Cameron Diaz, Jay-Z, Missy Elliott or the members of Blink-182, order up cans of Rushh on ice to mix with their favorite vodka. Those in the know call the drink “The Rushhour,” or simply “The Rushh-n-Vodka.”
SHOP LIKE A STAR
‘Tis the season to shop till you drop – especially for Hollywood’s rich and famous. We caught up with some celebs as they scratched items off their holiday lists and indulged in a few guilty pleasures:
• Maria Bello: Dropped into the Debout store in Studio City and flipped for a pair of $98 silver metallic clogs by Swedish Clog Cabin. (She liked them so much, she wore them out of the store.)
• Paris Hilton: Picked up $600 worth of Frederic Fekkai hair accessories during a recent visit to his Beverly Hills salon.
• Scott Stapp (lead singer of Creed): Recently picked up two pairs of shades from the Solstice store in South Beach, Fla. (He was in town house-hunting and working on a new CD.)
• Kate Hudson: Bought a James Perse tie-back shirt during a recent visit to the Lisa Kline boutique on L.A.’s trendy Robertson Boulevard. Piper Perabo also stopped by recently for a Theory Kaye tank top, and Breckin Meyer (Kim Possible) came in to buy a Jet Thermals Trunk T-shirt.
Freddie Prinze Jr. picked up a dangerous hobby while shooting Scooby Doo 2, due out in March. His character, Fred, rides a motorcycle in the movie, which inspired Prinze to buy himself a hog to use offscreen. His wife, Sarah Michelle Gellar, was none too pleased with his new pastime, so she sold his motorcycle while he was out of town. “Motorcycles are fine if you’re driving around Palm Springs,” she says, “but not in Los Angeles. It’s too dangerous.”
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
• Drew Barrymore, dining, laughing and smoking with three blonde female friends on the patio at Sushi Roku in Hollywood.
• Dr. Phil, picking up several gift certificates, along with candles and shower gels, from Kinara spa in West Hollywood.
• Pink and Tommy Lee, hanging out by the bar at 9 Steakhouse inside the Palms Casino in Las Vegas.
Reported by: SEAN DALY, AMY GURVITZ, MARK DAGOSTINO and TOM CUNNEFF