• Ashley Olsen, running errands in West Hollywood. She tried on a gold belt at trendy store Maxfield and then made her way over to Hollywood, where she picked up her puppy at the dog-care center LA Dogworks. “She was so happy to be with her puppy. They looked so adorable together,” an onlooker tells us. “She kissed her dog on the nose several times.”
• Britney Spears, dancing with new man Isaac Cohen at the opening of new Hollywood restaurant-lounge Sideways. Though she also danced with pals, her focus was on Cohen as they leaned in to talk to one another. When they weren’t on the dance floor, the singer – wearing a white tank top and miniskirt – held court in the private VIP area. The night before, Spears and pals had dinner at West Hollywood restaurant Il Sole, but she just watched them eat – and didn’t have any food.
• Snoop Dogg, attending the opening of the Boyle Heights Technology Youth Center Music and Arts Program in East Los Angeles. Also on hand: Frankie J, The Black Eyed Peas’ Taboo and Apl.de.ap, Robert Downey Jr. and Daryl Hannah.
• Cameron Diaz, who went public with her breakup with Justin Timberlake on Thursday, heading out that night at a private dinner to celebrate Les Exclusifs de Chanel (a collection of exclusive fragrances) at Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont Hotel. Diaz, wearing a short black-and-white Chanel dress, shared a chair and girl-talked with Sienna Miller, who hosted the bash. And Lindsay Lohan told us that she’s feeling well after her appendix surgery. “I get the funniest questions like, ‘Did you really get your appendix out?’ People are so ridiculous. Whatever, it’s no one’s business but my own.” Other high-wattage guests included Rachel Bilson, Evangeline Lilly, Kate Bosworth and Dustin Hoffman.
• Mischa Barton, lounging on the couch near the deejay booth inside the VIP Red Room at Miami’s Skybar at the Shore Club. The actress hung out with a group of model-types.
• By VANESSA DIAZ, JESSICA HERNDON, KIMBERLY LANSING, MICHELLE TAN and JON WARECH
See Thursdays’s Caught in the Act! > • Eva Mendes, leaving a West Hollywood massage salon wearing a shirt stating “I’m Not Johnny Ramone.” (Not that we would ever confuse her with the rocker.)
• Matthew McConaughey, being approached by a “mystery blonde” while dining on mussels and steak with a pal at Hollywood eatery Citizen Smith. The admirer “ended up chatting with Matthew for quite some time,” says an onlooker. A couple of nights earlier, stars turned out en masse to check out the ladies of Forty Deuce’s burlesque show. Those watching the shimmying and shaking: Scarlett Johansson, Paris and Nicky Hilton, Sting, Jessica Biel, The Rock, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler and Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia.
• Patrick Dempsey, leaving Santa Monica’s The Pump Station, a store for nursing mothers, with a bag in hand. The Grey’s Anatomy star’s wife Jillian is pregnant with twin boys and due this winter. McDreamy and a good husband!
• Jennifer Garner, chatting on her cell phone as she got her hair done at West Hollywood’s Sally Hershberger at John Frieda Salon. And it was a revolving door of celebs: Later, Angie Harmon – who “was in a really happy mood,” says an onlooker – came in to revamp her tresses, and Ryan Reynolds also got a haircut.
• Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, kissing in a corner booth of hipster lounge Teddy’s in the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. They huddled with a group of pals, including deejay Samantha Ronson, and never hit the dance floor. Instead, they kept their focus on each other.
• By LISA INGRASSIA and ULRICA WIHLBORG
See Wednesday’s Caught in the Act! > • Paris Hilton, doing a careful parking job in West Hollywood before venturing to trendy Fred Segal with sister Nicky.
• Pals Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox, having a late dinner at Beverly Hills eatery Mastro’s Steakhouse. Over a meal of steak, Lyonnaise potatoes and salad, the pals appeared to be “having a terrific time,” says an observer. Aniston had every reason to celebrate: Earlier in the evening, she was named favorite female star at the People’s Choice Awards.
• Britney Spears, shopping for shoes at Beverly Hills store Barneys New York with manager Larry Rudolph.
• Jessica Alba, getting her hair done at Beverly Hills salon Gavert Atelier. “She was in a perky mood as she flipped through the L.A. Times,” an onlooker tells us.
• Desperate Housewives actor James Denton, showing his sports spirit at the 4th Annual In the Spirit of the Game event benefiting the Professional Baseball Scouts Foundation at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Denton told us he thinks pregnant costar Marcia Cross will be a great mom: “She’s really smart. She’s very, very loving. She’s very honest.”
• Drew Barrymore, having a festive evening with Grey’s Anatomy stars Kate Walsh, T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl. The group first stopped for dinner at the Dakota restaurant at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, and then headed to the Chateau Marmont, where they laughed “non-stop” over a tart of thinly sliced apples and cinnamon ice cream.
• Lindsay Lohan, rocking out with pals to the 1980s Kim Carnes song “Bette Davis Eyes” at West Hollywood bar Winston’s. They also jetted over to L.A.’s Hyde Lounge, were they were “laughing and smiling the whole night,” says an onlooker. And Lohan avoided a close encounter with ex-boyfriend Harry Morton. “They blatantly ignored one another,” says the eyewitness.
• By JENNY SUNDEL
See Tuesday’s Caught in the Act! >• Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo, sharing a lip lock as Justin Timberlake’s “My Love” played in the background at New York City club Butter. The couple also hung out with friends including New York Giant footballer Jeremy Shockey in a banquette near the bar.
• Jennifer Hudson, joking at the GM Style event in Detroit that being paired with a black Cadillac on the runway was a perfect fit. “It’s black, I’m black. It’s big, I’m big.”
• Paris Hilton, putting on a show for the crowd at Hollywood lounge Les Deux when the deejay started spinning her song “Stars Are Blind.” The heiress stood up on the back of her banquette and flipped her hair as the crowd – including Kid Rock – watched.
• Sean “Diddy” Combs, celebrating at the 25th birthday party for Washington Wizards b-ball player Gilbert Arenas at Love nightclub in Washington, D.C. Diddy took the stage to wish “Gilbert the Great” a happy birthday at the bash, which featured women wearing only thongs and body paint milling through the crowd and performances from Busta Rhymes, The Game, TI and Lil Wayne.
• Lindsay Lohan, dining with several of her pals (including hipster deejay Samantha Ronson) at Hollywood eatery Magnolia. The actress’s beverage of choice? Water, of course.
• Teri Hatcher, shopping for pots and pans at Crate and Barrel at L.A. mall The Grove. Apparently, housewares has a positive effect on the Desperate Housewives star. “She was in a happy mood,” says an onlooker.
• By LAUREN COMANDER, TIFFANY HOPKINS, ARNESA HOWELL and AMY ELISA KEITH