• Jennifer Garner and daughter Violet, stepping out together in Santa Monica, where they made several stops.
• Later that night: Ben Affleck, chatting for almost an hour with Sacha Baron Cohen at the Smokin’ Aces premiere afterparty at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel’s Blossom Room. They traded pats on the arm and whispered in each other’s ears while a Common, Talib Kweli and Kanye West surprised the crowd with a six-song live performance. Also making the scene: Alicia Keys, Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman, who costar with Affleck in the movie, and Chris Rock.
• Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, shopping at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills. “Ashlee was flipping through the dress rack,” says a shopper. “Jessica was playing fashion designer, helping her sister find the perfect dress.” Also browsing separately in the store: Maggie Gyllenhaal, who was looking at a pink shirt with a butterfly emblazoned on it.
• Taye Diggs, hanging out a table with a large group of people at Teddy’s lounge at the Hollywood Roosevelt. At one point, he chatted and danced with actress Leelee Sobieski. The Hills star Lauren Conrad also chilled with pals as Brody Jenner sat at a nearby table.
• Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, purchasing big bags of gummy bears, trail mix and gum before boarding an international flight at Los Angeles International Airport. The sisters – wearing heavy coats, scarves and their signature oversized sunglasses – then walked into United Airlines’ first-class lounge area. “They both reeked of cigarette smoke,” says an observer.
• Sharon Stone, holding court with several female pals at a VIP table at West Hollywood club Area. Though they didn’t interact, Bruce Willis was also there with his posse of pals as was Derek Jeter and Steve O.
• Justin Timberlake, playing blackjack in the high-rollers lounge at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas and then heading to Hard Rock Hotel’s Nobu for sushi with friends. That same night Kevin Federline went to the Tao nightclub, where he drank very little and hardly paid attention to the women at his table. Read more about the boys’ night out for Britney Spears’s exes in Vegas.
• By MARK GRAY, KIMBERLY LANSING, DANIEL VARGAS and NICHOLAS WHITE
See Thursday’s Caught in the Act >• Victoria Beckham, heading to a meeting at Creative Artists Agency in L.A. The Posh One also checked out some area schools as the family prepares for their L.A. move. Meanwhile, husband David Beckham stepped out for lunch in Madrid.
• Britney Spears, working on her upcoming album at the Record Plant Recording Studio in Hollywood. “She was rehearsing material, working hard and having fun all at the same time,” an insider tells us.
• Rachel McAdams, flipping through a Premiere magazine in front of the newsstand inside Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont hotel. And in the hotel’s lounge, her Wedding Crashers costar Isla Fisher (who’s Golden Globe winner Sacha Baron Cohen‘s fiancée) caught up with a female pal over coffee.
• Jennifer Garner, having a mini Alias reunion with former costars Michael Vartan and Victor Garber at L.A. restaurant Orso. The trio shared a pizza topped with eggplant, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and provolone. “They were having a terrific time, laughing loudly,” says a patron.
• Mary-Kate Olsen, trying on a white cashmere sweater at West Hollywood store Maxfield. And over at Kitson Men in L.A., David Spade tried on a $1,295 rhinestone-covered sweatshirt. But no sale; he left empty-handed.
See Wednesday’s Caught in the Act >• Christina Aguilera and husband Jordan Bratman, stepping out – in similar cardigans – at trendy L.A. eatery The Ivy. The couple also headed to Justin Timberlake‘s concert at the Staples Center, where they cheered on the “SexyBack” singer along with Paris Hilton, Sean “Diddy” Combs and Brittany Murphy.
• Sienna Miller and Josh Hartnett, sitting side-by-side on a couch at Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. And it certainly didn’t look like they were just friends: At one point, Hartnett held onto Miller’s thigh. Read more about their close encounter.
• Britney Spears, lip-synching to KT Tunstall’s “Suddenly I See” at West Hollywood club Privilege. The singer was “having lots of fun” with one of her backup dancers and a female friend, says an onlooker. Also making the scene: Lauren Conrad and Brody Jenner.
• Alicia Keys and a pal, dining on chicken glazed with mozzarella cheese, radicchio and roasted shallots at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
• Victoria Beckham, going on an L.A. shopping spree with a female friend. First stop: Kitson, where she scoped out skin-tight jeans. She then headed to Fred Segal, where bedazzled tank tops caught her eye. “She was in a good mood,” says an observer. Beckham will have plenty of time to shop to her heart’s delight when she relocates with husband David and her sons to Los Angeles this summer.
• Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose, partying with an entourage of 40 at New York City club The Plumm. When one fan offered the rocker a bottle of Cristal, he refused, telling the owner he didn’t drink Cristal because he felt the brand was racist. (Jay-Z famously called for a boycott of the champagne last year, after the company’s managing director said the bubbly’s popularity in the hip-hop world was “unwelcome attention.”) Club owner Noel Ashman offered the crew some Dom Perignon instead, which they graciously guzzled.
• By MARK DAGOSTINO