• Paris Hilton and Travis Barker, making out in full view of clubgoers at New York City hot spot Butter at a party hosted by Kanye West. The duo snuggled and whispered in a corner banquette in the back of the club and the rocker – who is divorcing Shanna Moakler – had his arm around her. When West’s song “Diamonds from Sierra Leone” began playing, Hilton stood up and started dancing near Barker. So, what’s brewing between the two? “They like each other. Paris really likes him. Beyond that I cannot comment,” says Hilton’s rep. “Paris is single right now. You may in the future see her in the company of other men.”
Also making the scene: Usher, Lil’ Kim, Nick Cannon, Serena Williams and Nicky Hilton.
• Jessica Simpson, chilling with Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Scott Sartiano at New York City club Pink Elephant. Another night at the venue, Carmen Electra danced the night away to Madonna’s “Hung Up” and Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack” at a Fashion Week bash for design line Imitation of Christ. After hanging out with some male admirers and actress Leelee Sobieski for a while, Electra took off to Bungalow 8.
• U.S. Open champ Roger Federer and his girlfriend Miroslava, chatting with Vogue editor Anna Wintour at the W Hotels Lifestyle Lounge backstage at the New York Fashion Week tents. The trio also sat together in the front row of the Oscar de la Renta show.
• Christie Brinkley, attending a VIP party at the U.S. Open finals with her 11-year-old son (and tennis fan) Jack. “He happens to play better than I do,” the supermodel told us. “He’s at that age where he does baseball, soccer, tennis and, depending on which season it is, that’s what he’s going to be when he grows up.” Also mingling at the bash (and in the stands): Donald and Melania Trump, Jimmy Fallon, Star Jones, Eva Mendes, Tiger Woods and wife Elin Nordegren, and Conan O’Brien with his wife Liza.
• The Rock, working out at Equinox Fitness South Beach in Miami.
• Tori Spelling, having dinner and drinks with three male friends at L.A. restaurant BLD. The actress, who had her hair pulled back into a messy ponytail and wore a blue cotton summer dress, laughed throughout her meal.
• Joaquin Phoenix, schmoozing with Tommy Hilfiger at the opening of New York City eatery Gin Lane. “Tommy told him he loved Joaquin in Walk the Line,” says a source. The Oscar nominee took a break from prepping for his role in the movie Reservation Road in Connecticut to make it to the event. “He was in a chill mood, but he had a great time,” says an onlooker. Earlier in the evening, Nelly Furtado hung out at the restaurant.
• By KC BAKER, DIANE HERBST, AMY ELISA KEITH, KELLY LUMPKINS, LESLEY MESSER, JEFFREY SLONIM and LINDA TRISCHITTA