Married life is treating Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro just fine, thank you very much. Things between the couple, who will celebrate their second anniversary Nov. 22, are “amazing, couldn’t be better,” Electra told us at a recent Maxim magazine party hosted by Sean "P. Diddy" Combs at the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City. “Dave gets me and I get him. We just understand each other so well. He’s really taught me a lot about being honest all the time. I can go away and work and focus on my career and know that my husband’s got my back.”
The couple have been logging plenty of hours on the phone since Electra (who performed at the party with her new burlesque dance group, the Bombshell Babes) has been in Toronto filming Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Meanwhile, Navarro is hosting the new CBS reality series Rock Star: INXS, which premieres July 11. But they’re planning a romantic getaway soon. “Dave and I may go to Hawaii,” says Electra. “It’s so easy to get caught up in work and not take the personal time that a couple needs. We barely had a honeymoon. We went to a spa in Santa Barbara and it rained the whole time.”
A Kiss to Remember
While we’re on the subject of romance, we just had to ask celebrities this burning question: What’s your favorite onscreen kiss? Here’s what they had to say (and see the new issue of PEOPLE for more celebrity favorites).
• Patrick Dempsey (Grey’s Anatomy): The kiss in A Room with a View. I’m a sucker for those period film romances.
• Cedric the Entertainer: An Officer and a Gentleman. That was the one where he comes back in and says, “I’ve got no place else to go!” and all the girls are applauding for her. That’s a sentimental kiss. I tear up on that one.
• Rachael Leigh Cook (Into the West): Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift in A Place in the Sun. They did it right.
• Jenny McCarthy: Gia. If I was ever to switch teams, Angelina Jolie (would be it). That’s the hottest kiss I’ve seen between anybody, let alone between two girls. That was hot.
• Travis Barker (Meet the Barkers): True Romance, when he (Christian Slater’s character) and Alabama first hook up on that balcony? That’s awesome. When they kiss and she goes, “I think I love you.”
• Jen Schefft (The Bachelorette): I’m a huge fan of The Notebook. All of their kisses were amazing.
Caught in the Act
• Jessica Simpson, dining at hip Japanese restaurant Nobu in Miami. The singer, in jeans and a T-shirt, appeared to be having a business meeting, but while in town, she also hung out at the garden area of Skybar Miami Beach and, according to a source, was very friendly to the staff.
• Richard Gere, catching a showing of the documentary Wheel of Time, about fervent Buddhists, at New York City’s Film Forum.
• Jessica Alba and her Fantastic Four costar Chris Evans, dancing the night away at New York City club Pink Elephant. Also there: Evans’s girlfriend, actress Jessica Biel.
• By TRACY HOPKINS, CARRIE BELL, JASON BANE, CARLA HAY, MARISA LAUDADIO, JON WARECH and JOANNE FOWLER