Just two weeks after giving birth to second daughter Grier, Brooke Shields has bounced back into shape. Her secret? “Rent a 3-year-old and make sure you have to run after the 3-year-old and feel guilt all the time that you’re not being in two places at once,” she says about daughter Rowan. “It’s the 3-year old diet.”
And despite Shields’s concern that Rowan wouldn’t be happy about sharing Mom with her new sister, things seem to be going just fine. “She shared her blanket with her so that was a huge step,” the actress told us at the Westwood, Calif., premiere of the animated family film Over the Hedge. “She put her blanket in the bassinet and said,’ She might need this.’ ” In fact, Shields made it to the screening with husband Chris Henchy and Rowan (her first major outing since having Grier) at the toddler’s request. “It’s the only movie I think I would come out to see at this time.”
Though The O.C. star Autumn Reeser got to glam up for the recent prom episode of her FOX show (whose season finale is on May 18), in real life she didn’t look nearly as fabulous at her own prom years ago. “I did my own makeup. I did my own hair and my hair didn’t turn out well – it sort of fell. I had braces,” says the actress, who plays Summer’s pesky friend Taylor Townsend. But Reeser got a second shot at helping less privileged teens look their best at Boston’s recent Belle of the Ball event, which provided free prom dresses, shoes and makeup to high-school girls in need. “It’s fun to go shopping with a group of girls. I never have time to shop.”
Caught in the Act
• Scarlett Johansson and Josh Hartnett, snuggling during their lunch at a cafe in New York City’s TriBeCa neighborhood.
• Halle Berry, checking out actor Simon Rex’s hip-hop group the Dyslexic Speedreaders at the opening party for Chris Noth’s new club, The Plumm, in New York’s trendy Meatpacking District.
• Debra Messing, getting an airbrush tan at the Ole Henriksen spa in West Hollywood.
• George Lopez, celebrating his 45th birthday at Arnie Morton’s, The Steakhouse in Burbank, Calif. The comedian hosted a party for 12, using a gift certificate he received in the official Emmy presenter’s gift basket. He feasted on a jumbo lobster tail, chopped salad and polished off his meal with a birthday cake.
• By MARK DAGOSTINO, LISA INGRASSIA, KIM LANSING, PRIYA MOHAN, PAYSHA STOCKTON RHONE