If you thought Britney Spears was simply a pop star, new bride and dog owner, think again. “I just shot a cute video for ‘Do Something’ that I co-directed,” Spears writes in her New Year’s letter, posted to her fan site. “After doing about 20 videos, it gets kind of boring playing the same role, so I chose to work with a young, hungry, director Bille Woodruff. He had no ego whatsoever and the whole process was just so much fun.” (Well, he’s not that hungry – a little film he did called Honey with Jessica Alba raked in $59 million in worldwide box office. But we digress ) Brit also takes credit for the choreography and says she “styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing” (not to nitpick, but doesn’t that mean Juicy styled it? Just asking ). But wait – there’s more: “Working on this video was my first taste into behind the scenes work which I am excited about doing more of in the near future,” she writes. “I’ve been working on writing and hopefully eventually directing a musical which makes fun of the whole Hollywood scene, which is appropriately titled Hollywood.” Stay tuned
Fast Takes: New Year’s Edition
That ’70s Show’s Mila Kunis and ER’s Shane West and his girlfriend, dancer Jenna Dewan, were among the revelers at former ‘N Sync-er Lance Bass’s New Year’s Eve party. David Boreanaz stayed closer to home for the night – or, more precisely, he stayed home. The former Angel star and his wife, actress Jamie Bergman, transformed their Hollywood Hills backyard by covering the pool with a dance floor and bringing in a DJ, a fully stocked bar, buffet table and a champagne stand. Along for the night were Rachael Leigh Cook and fiancé Daniel Gillies and Angels in America star Justin Kirk.
Caught in the Act
• O.C. star Mischa Barton and squeeze Brandon Davis, relaxing poolside at the Four Seasons in Maui.
• Also basking in Hawaii: rapper and Barbershop actor Ice Cube (real name: O’Shea Jackson), whom our spy spotted lounging at the beach with his wife Kimberly and four children at the Sheraton Maui in Kanapali. We hear he was very gracious about signing autographs and polite to hotel staff, and seemed to just want to relax and watch the kids play in the surf.
• Daily Show correspondent Rob Corddry, with a female companion, at Brooklyn eatery Saul.
• Singer John Mayer, perusing the aisles at the Virgin Megastore in New York’s Union Square.
• By MARISA LAUDADIO, CHRIS GARDNER, RHONDA J. WILSON and BRENDA RODRIGUEZ