There may be some spare rooms at the White House when Donald Trump takes office.
NBC’s Kelly O’Donnell also shared on Twitter that the mother-son duo will move in at the end of the school year.
Trump himself confirmed the news on Sunday while escorting Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach to a meeting at his golf course in New Jersey. The President-elect told reporters that Melania and Barron would move into the White House “right after he finishes school” next year.
The New York Post also reports that Trump’s 46-year-old wife and their son won’t be heading to Washington, D.C. immediately, stating that they will continue to reside at their Trump Tower penthouse in N.Y.C. and the future first lady will travel as necessary to fulfill her duties.
“Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign,” an insider told the newspaper. “The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum.”
Barron currently attends a private school that costs upwards of $40,000 per year on New York City’s Upper West Side, according to the Post.
Trump has continued to reside in Trump Tower with his family after his surprising win earlier this month. His presence at the building has meant that the Secret Service has had to set up round-the-clock security and block off certain sections of the busy section of Fifth Avenue. If Melania and Barron remain at Trump Tower, the security presence would most likely have to remain.
Last year, Donald revealed to PEOPLE that Barron doesn’t have a nanny, with Melania taking on all the childcare duties herself.
Melania said, “I like to be hands-on. I think it’s very important,” adding that she helps him with homework and takes him to his extra-curricular activities.
“We keep it down to a minimum,” said Donald, who has staff to help with cooking and housework, but no nanny in the traditional sense. “If you have too much help, you don’t get to know your children.”