Kelli Bender
May 01, 2017 05:47 PM

A Holly Springs, North Carolina man says his family’s cat helped save him, his wife and two young children from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to ABC’s WTVD.

The incident occurred after a car was accidentally left running in the family’s closed garage. By morning, the carbon monoxide from the exhaust building up in the garage began leaking into the house, causing the cat to act out.

“My daughter woke us up and said ‘The cat’s making funny noises’ and then she passed out,” the cat’s owner told WTVD.

The parents took the family outside and called 911. Three family members were taken to the hospital and treated for high carbon monoxide levels. They have since returned home. The entire family is doing fine following the incident.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas, making it difficult to detect. Holly Springs Fire Chief LeRoy Smith hopes this story encourages all those who don’t have a carbon monoxide detector to purchase one.

You May Like

EDIT POST