The latest speculation out of Hollywood is that Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing, could be interested in making a movie out of The Politician, the memoir by former John Edwards aide Andrew Young about his boss’s fling with Rielle Hunter.
Which raises an interesting casting choice: Who would play Edwards? There are a number of intriguing possibilities:
• George Clooney. Magnetically charming, always up for a good political fable.
• Tom Cruise. Familiar with risky business.
• Ralph Fiennes. English, which means you know he’s great at a Southern accent.
• Dennis Quaid. Looks the most like Edwards, and is a fellow Southerner.
• Tim Robbins. Political junkie. Actually campaigned for Edwards at one point. Knows the material.
• James Spader. Excels in unsavory environments. Call it Sex, Lies, & Videotape 2.
Get a sneak peek of this week’s issue – Sandra Bullock’s divorce dilemma, new Jolie-Pitt twin photos and more – which is on newsstands Friday