Patricia Heaton’s Cranberry Corn Bread Bites
The actress and host of Food Network’s Patricia Heaton Parties makes a dish perfect for entertaining
¾ cup yellow cornmeal
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2/3 cup whole milk
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1½ tbsp. finely chopped chives
5 oz. thinly shredded leftover roasted turkey (or deli ham, sliced and quartered)
2/3 cup leftover cranberry sauce or relish
1. To make the muffins, preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter and egg until well combined. Pour the milk mixture into the dry cornmeal mixture, and whisk until just incorporated.
4. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan (about 1½ tbsp. per cup). Bake about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in the pan about 5 minutes, then remove and slice each muffin in half lengthwise (like a sandwich bun).
5. To assemble, stir softened butter and chives together in a small bowl. Spread about ¼ tsp. of chive butter on each half of the muffins. Top with a piece of ham or evenly distribute the turkey and spoon a dollop (about ½ tsp.) of cranberry sauce or relish on top. Cover with muffin tops and serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus cooling
Cook time: 12 minutes
TIP! “Make a lot of these little muffins, and set some aside for
breakfast,” says Heaton. “Smear them with honey butter or cream cheese and fig jam.”