Susan Nash Gilpin’s Cinnamon Rolls
1 (25-oz.) package frozen biscuits
1 cup golden raisins
¼ cup butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
1½ cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp. milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Arrange frozen biscuits with sides touching in 3 rows of 4 biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Let stand 30 to 45 minutes or until biscuits are thawed but still cool to the touch.
2. Preheat oven to 375°. Pour boiling water to cover over raisins and let stand 10 minutes; drain well.
3. Sprinkle thawed biscuits lightly with flour. Press biscuit edges together, and pat to form a 10×12-in. rectangle of dough; spread evenly with softened butter. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over butter. Sprinkle raisins and pecans evenly over brown sugar mixture.
4. Roll up, starting at one long end; cut into 12 (about 1-in. thick) slices. Place rolls into a lightly greased 9-in. square pan.
5. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until center rolls are golden brown and done; let stand 10 minutes. Remove rolls to wire rack; cool completely.
6. Stir together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle evenly over rolls. Let stand until glaze is set.
Makes: 1 dozen Hands-on time: 30 min. Total time: 2 hrs., 30 min.