Naja Rayne
June 28, 2016 09:35 PM

On Tuesday, authorities released the 911 calls placed from inside the home where Texas mother Christy Sheats, 42, fatally shot her two daughters Madison, 17, and Taylor, 22.

In the chilling audio, obtained by PEOPLE, Christy’s husband, Jason Sheats, 45, and the couple’s children can apparently be heard begging for Christy to put her weapon down, as they cry and yell hysterically.

“Please don’t point the gun at us. Put down your gun,” a male voice pleads. “Please don’t shoot.”

The recording continues as the man apparently tries to reason with a woman, apologizing and offering to do anything she would like if she would surrender the weapon.

At one point the man says, “I promise you whatever you want” – and the woman says, “Too late.”

According to police, two calls were made from the home, with one coming from Taylor and the other from Madison. But all family members can apparently be heard in each of the recordings, as Jason, Madison and Taylor yell throughout the phone calls, and Taylor struggles to tell the operator during her call that she’s been shot.

From left: Madison and Taylor Sheats

A frantic neighbor also placed a third call to police, telling the dispatcher that two people had been shot outside and a woman with a gun was coming out of the house. Staying on the phone for nearly nine minutes, the neighbor describes Christy’s appearance, adding that two ladies were lying in the street and a man was trying to help them, as a woman stood over them with a gun.

During the earlier part of his call, he describes the victims as alive, before saying that the armed woman seemed to be trying to fire another shot at one of the girls, but appeared to be out of bullets.

After watching the woman go in the house, and return to the street, the neighbor reports the suspect fire another shot at one of the victims.

Soon after the incident, police reported that Christy gathered her husband and daughters for a family meeting that escalated to the fatal shooting, which started inside the home, and ended outside after the girls and their father fled when Christy opened fire.

By the time she reloaded her weapon – a five-shot, .38-caliber handgun, which her husband said had been passed down by her great-grandfather to “protect her family” – and returned to the street, authorities were on scene.

They watched as Christy disobeyed their order to drop the gun, and then a Fulshear city officer shot her.

As the investigation unfurled, it was later revealed that Christy had a history of mental illness, officials said, and the couple had extensive interactions with the local authorities – as the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office had responded to 14 calls for service at the home since January of 2012.

You May Like