Lindsay Lohan‘s next performance may be direct-to-video – despite her lawyer’s efforts to stop the production.
L.A. Superior Court Judge Michael L. Stern on Wednesday denied Lohan’s bid to bar a video camera from her upcoming deposition in a civil lawsuit involving a car crash two years ago.
The ruling came over the strong objections of Lohan’s attorney, who says he feared the video would be sold by one of the many people who’d have access to it.
“If a single picture of Ms. Lohan can sell for thousands of dollars, a videotape of the deposition will undoubtedly sell for tens of thousands of dollars, or more,” her attorney, David J. Ozeran, wrote in court papers.
Ozeran says he believes the real purpose of videotaping is to “annoy Ms. Lohan and to attempt to gain a litigation advantage by causing her concern about the embarrassment of such a videotape.”
Lohan, 21, is to be deposed in a lawsuit brought by Raymundo Ortega, a Los Angeles busboy alleging the actress had been drinking when she crashed a black Mercedes-Benz convertible into his van in West Hollywood in 2005.
Lohan’s camp denies the allegations and is countersuing for $75,000.